Chapter 7

The pounding of footsteps came quicker than I was expecting, but I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to do and shut my mouth.

Grasping the wooden bowl, I raised it as high as I could, while waiting until I heard the cell door open.

I swung my arm down with so much force that I cringed at the cracking sound, when it made contact with the elf's skull as he was peering inside my cell.

I watched with an apologetic expression as his emerald eyes widened by a fraction of a hair, but by then it was too late.

His eyes rolled into the back of his head as the whites of his eyes showed, and he dropped to the stone floor like a sack of potatoes.

I'm so sorry! Normally I'm not very violent, but there is just no way that I will allow my dog and I to rot here! I thought and carefully stepped around him to jump through the door and race down a random corridor to my right.

Hallelujah! I thought when I soon came upon a set of carved stone steps leading upwards.

I took them two at a time until I reached the top, and paused for a few seconds to catch my breath.

Man, who has that many stairs in their freakin' home!? I mentally face-palmed myself at the thought.

Obviously a very specific elf king with a stick up his butt.

Now that I was able to breathe a little easier, I started to glance around at my surroundings.

I let out a loud huff as I spotted some more extravagant stairs right across from what I remembered to be the throne doors.

Dear lord, never again.

Walking down the left corridor, I saw even larger doors than the ones leading into the throne room, and I knew that those must lead to the outside world- or at least a kitchen hopefully.

Finally! Freedom!

With a big smile on my face, I held onto Robin a little tighter, as I ran down the magnificently carved corridor with hope in my heart.

I hadn't even gone ten paces past the throne doors, however, before they opened and a long elegant hand reached out and yanked me inside.

My back slammed against the interior of the doors, and I could only glare in absolute loathing, as I stared into King Thranduil's stone cold eyes.

" And what do you think you were about to do, little human?"

Crap! I need to fart really badly!