Chapter 23

Milana's POV:

Delicious.

I didn't even try to not moan in absolute delight as the various flavors burst in my mouth from the cream buns.

Lord Elrond had guided me to the kitchen where the Head Cook was busy flitting around the large, open room and snapping at the younger elleth's who were being too slow to stir some liquid conconction or weren't rolling the bread dough with enough pressure.

Once the Head Cook had been informed of my meal choice, she bowed to Lord Elrond, gave me a quick nod of the head, and hurried to fulfill my order , all the while sweat poured down her sleek brow and her long dark hair was in a sweaty braid from the temperature of the room.

Presently, I sat at a small table in one corner, thankfully far away as  possible from the blistering fire place that took up a whole wall on its own.

I still had three cream buns left on my plate when a young elleth with golden yellow hair and dark brown eyes came up to me with a timid smile upon her heart-shaped face.

"Hello. I am here to guide you to your guest room after you have finished your evening meal."

I managed a sound that faintly resembled a 'thank you' with my cheeks puffing out on both sides due to the huge bite I had just taken.

Three bites later,the elleth pulled up a chair and sat opposite me, her spine straight as a plank of wood and her eyes watching me curiously.

"Yes?" I questioned after another silent moment , having a slight feeling that the elleth wanted to ask me something.

" Is it true?"

Puzzled, my brow furrowed, and I asked, " what is?"

The young elleth blushed prettily, and I internally sighed in envy that she could do that. When I blush my whole face turns red. So not pretty.

"Did you really marry the prince behind the king's back?"

I had just taken a rather large sip of water to wash down the remains of the third bun when it came spewing out of my mouth and onto the elleth who had leaned over the table to whisper the rumour to me.

"W-what?" I sputtered, watching in very slight amusement as the elleth held a look of disgust and surprise on her face as she sat back to examine her now water-spit-bun-filled hair and clothes.

"Sorry?" I gave a sheepish smile as she merely flicked off pieces of bun from her white apron and chuckled.

"Guess I deserved it, for being nosy and all." She smiled and I did the same in return.

"So, actually, that rumour isn't even remotely true. I've never even spoken to Legolas before. Just Thranduil, and  every time, he's been nothing but a jerk to me."

Her eyes bulged and her mouth opened in a 'o' formation, the whole thing reminded me of a guppy fish that I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

The young elleth didn't share in my amusement apparently, because her brows were drawn together as she stared at me in an analyzing way.

"You called the Great King of Mirkwood a- a j-jerk!" There was a flicker of fear in her dark eyes as she glanced around to see if anyone had heard her, and then sighed in relief when the coast was clear.

I merely raised an eyebrow and my lips formed into a smirk.

"Yeah? So?"

The elleth stared at me in disbelief and shoo

k her head.

" No one has ever dared to speak ill of any of the high elven lords. But, you just did."

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'.

I glanced down at the last bun on the plate and decided to give it to the elleth, I was already full from the other three I had eaten.

"Here," I said, pushing the plate over to the young elleth, " you can have it."

She started to push the plate back to me, but I placed both hands firmly on it and pushed it all the way until the edge of the white plate was parallel to the edge of the wooden table.

"I insist."

Urging her on with my eyes I smiled as her eyes darted around to make sure she wouldn't get caught before she gobbled down the last bun and closed her eyes in bliss.

I waited until she was done swallowing before I pushed the glass of water toward her and after she gulped down a few mouthfuls, I finally introduced myself.

" My name is Yariel. So, do you wish to be escorted to your guestroom now?" 

I eagerly nodded my head as I stood up.

Taking a nap sounded like the best thing in the world right now.

Yariel  gracefully stood up, picked up my plate, and pushed in her chair.

"Just a moment, please."

"Of course."

I patiently waited while Yariel hurried off to wash the plate before she came back, apronless free.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes." 

I linked my arm through Yariel's arm and she gave me a wide smile.

"Let's go."