Chapter 30

Thranduil's POV:

I followed the sounds of Milana's roars upon the back of my elven elk. Not to mention that the magical tornado was a big indicator as to her location.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrived in the clearing just in time to see Saruman consumed by white flames.

My sword fell at my side in shock at how my little Milana had just defeated a being who was eons older than she.

"Milana!" 

My eyes flickered from the spot  the Dark One had been just a second ago before my blue eyes focused on Milana's still form.

"No." I whispered as I ran to her side, wrapping my good arm around her to lift up and onto my lap.

Her eyes fluttered closed and I scanned her from head to toe for any injuries, noting the black lines covering every inch of her already pale body.

I felt all color drain from my face when I realized that she had been given the curse of an eternal death. She would die unless the potion I had on my person worked.

Quickly, I reached into a special metal space on the inside of my right armored foot- made especially for the potion to hide in, safely tucked away- and plucked it out of it's hiding spot.

I used my left knee to gently raise Milana's head and brought the bottle to my lips, using my teeth to tear the cork out.

I wasted no more time and nudged her lips open  with my fingers before pouring every last ounce of the magical potion down her throat.

I had no idea what was in the potion, only that it was something Lord Elrond had brought back with him when he returned to Middle Earth.

Once the bottle was completely empty I threw it to the side, not caring when it smashed and waited in silent anxiety, staring intently for Milana to open her eyes.

"Please." I said, catching myself before my voice could break.

I lowered my forehead until it touched with hers just as I heard the tired voices of Prince Hariek and the Dwarven Lord enter the clearing.

They both stilled at the sight before them- never before had either ever witnessed a scene so intimate and despairing  between two souls before, and they turned to go alert their surviving troops and those of King Thranduil as to his where-abouts. Th e battle was over. But the Elven King was fighting a completely different one on his own.

Why do I care so much for this girl? I wondered, as my eyes closed.

She is mortal. She will die in time, and I will live on.

Perhaps, it is because she reminds me so much of my first love. My beautiful,fierce, and loving wife. Milana reminded me in so many ways of her, and yet I feel so much more with her than before when my wife was still alive. 

Suddenly, it dawned on me.

 I have fallen for this dragon girl ever since I first laid my eyes on her in my throne room.

She was a spitfire that drew me into her flame.

I opened my eyes to find that Milana looked worse than a few seconds ago, her skin was losing her rosy color,and the black lines that marked her for death had not disappeared.

Lord Elrond had warned me before hand, but I did not wish to believe.

The potion did not work.

I couldn't stop the first few tears that fell from my eyes, and after a minute, I didn't even want to try.

For the first time since my  wife's death, more than a century beforehand, I cried and screamed my fury and sorrow into the night, not caring who may be close by to listen.

Looking down at her peaceful face, I traced a finger down her cheek and over her lips before bending down further and placing a feather-light kiss upon her colorless lips.

When I lay her down gently on the ground, her whole body went limp and I unclasped my silver cloak to place it over her naked body.

One last time, I kissed her, and whispered, "I love you." 

I lay back on my knees before slowly standing and turning away from Milana's lifeless body.

I had just stepped out of the clearing, however, when my keen ears picked up the sounds of sharp breaths coming from behind me.

I whirled around to find Milana struggling to sit up, one hand clutching my cloak to her body, the other being used to push her weak body into a sitting position.

I froze  at the sight before me.

She was alive.

Somehow, Milana had been but a centimeter away from death, yet, here she is- without those horrid black lines and color was slowly returning to her cheeks.

"T-Thranduil."

I broke out of my trance and raced to her side, using my good arm to gently push her back down.

"Ssshhh. Don't push yourself. I will have a guard pick you up in a moment. I would do so myself but, unfortunately, one of my arms is badly damaged. How are you feeling?"

Milana shook her head, seemingly not hearing what I was saying before she opened her mouth and asked me a question.

"Did you mean it?" 

"Did I mean what?"

Milana smiled and a pretty blush made it's way across her face.

"That you love me."

I smiled adoringly down at her and used my good hand to cup it behind her head.

"More than my own life."

She giggled after I pecked her lips, before she hissed in pain  when my arm rested on her stomach.

"I'm sorry. I will have a physician attend to you when we-"

Milana cut me off by taking a fisthold of my tunic peeking out of my armor at the base of my neck and pulled me down until our lips connected again.

She deepened the kiss for a moment before pulling away.

"I love you too. Even when you are being an egotistical jerk to people. I love you."

I gave a slight chuckle and waited for the surviving troops to appear  as I held  the love of my life in my arms.

Finally, after years of loneliness, I was happy. 

I wasn't alone anymore and I now had someone to share my love with again.

I suddenly remembered my choice of whether or not to travel to the undying lands, and decided that I would. But, I would be taking a certain, stunning and precious someone with me when it was time.

     THE   END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!