Chapter 11

Milana's POV

Robin squirmed in my arms as I was wandering down a deserted looking corridor, hoping it was the exit out of this place.

The farther I get from this place, the more safer I'll be from this crazy elf king.

With that thought in mind, I quickened my pace down the empty corridor.

Up ahead, I could make out the outline of a grand, wooden door with detailed engravings of leaves falling and tree limbs stretching onward's forever.

Gasping in the sheer beauty of it , I halted my steps right before the door and just stared at it for a few minutes.

I really need to get the name of this guy's decorator.

He could do my wedding cake in the future!

Face-palming myself at the thought, I reached for the door handle just as I heard heavy footfalls coming from the direction behind me.

Glancing behind me, my brow furrowed in contemplation.

Do I go through the door, or get run through by some elf guard's sword?

It didn't take long before my mind was made up and I opened the door.

Slipping through, I let the heavy door close behind me before turning and letting out a gasp at the sight in front of me.

The marble flooring and darkly-paneled walls gave the grandly furnished room a very elegant feeling.

With a dark, rectangular fur rug that upon closer inspection, actually was a bear skin, and white-cushioned set-back chairs situated in a semi-circle around a roaring fireplace just screamed rich and powerful.

But, what really had my eyes widening was the magnificent maroon-canopied bed that looked like it had fallen straight out of heaven's own warehouse.

A bed fit for a king.

My breath faltered at the thought.

A bedroom.

I was in King Thranduil's bedroom!

Now, fully panicking,I turned to leave, but just as I took a step forward, the door began opening.

Crap!

My eyes flew all over the room, before they landed on the space beneath the bed.

Without much of a chance for a second thought, my body practically lunged toward's the bed before diving underneath it with Robin in my arms.

Just as my legs were out of sight, the door opened fully and all I could see were male boots being trailed by a flowing robe of rich earthen tones of green, silver , and orange.

The King.

Slowly, the feet made their way around the entire room before they stopped right in front of my face.

I felt Robin start to growl in the back of his throat as I held him tightly against my chest.

My breath caught in my throat as my hand quickly covered Robin's muzzle, and clamped shut.

Please don't look under the bed.

I silently pleaded in my head repeatedly, letting out a small breath as the feet walked away and towards a door I hadn't noticed before.

Whew. That was close!

I waited until the door was closed, before I quickly scampered out from under the bed, and raced to the door leading out of the king's bedroom.