Chapter 4

I jerked awake when I felt a papery tongue licking all over my face.

" Ugh.... Robin, get off." I said and groaned, shoving Robin's small body off of mine as I turned to my side on the stiff mattress.

I shivered suddenly and reached around blindly for the covers to maintain some small amount of heat, but stopped quickly.

Realizing a few things, I sat up and when Robin let out an excited bark, he jumped onto my lap and this time, I let him.

I wasn't home, sitting on my sofa , waiting for my mom to come home and bring her workload with her. There were no noises from the Hobbit movie that I had pressed the play button on. In fact, I knew for sure as I looked around at my new surroundings, I was in a completely different world, other than my own.

My mind suddenly swirled with all of the memories of the past two days.

The backdoor being open...both dogs having run out into the woods...Batman's dead.

I felt the tears fall down my face as I hastily began to wipe them away.

I just want to go home, but first, where are we?

I was in a small room with nothing in it besides a bed, a small stool and a wooden table placed next to the bed. The walls were a beautiful forest green color and the window adjacent to the door gave a spectacular view of a grand garden far below.

Robin was on the floor, sniffing the white carpet like there might be an invisible dog treat laying on it somewhere.

I smiled at him, and picked him up again, running my hands through his soft fur, as he let out a small bark of approval.

Suddenly, I could hear voices from outside the door- one sounded like an agravated female, and the other more like a gruff male.

"lle naa il lave aut e' eller!" The female shouted out, just as the door opened to reveal a tall elf with long, dark hair and a very serious expression.

"Tar Thranduil ementië nin rya." The male elf stated and motioned for me to stand up with his hands.

Looking between the two, I noticed that they were both obviously tall, with long dark hair that streamed well past their shoulders. Both had strong, athletic forms and had bright green eyes.

Maybe they're siblings?

The male was wearing long trousers with a thin , shiny armor plate over his chest and tunic. The female wore a long pale blue dress with white flats that looked very comfortable.

I just sat there, waiting until the female was done yelling at the soldier who just stood there with a blank expression on his face.

What's going on? Are they going to drag me off somewhere to kill me? Or, maybe to just leave me in the forest? God, I really hope that spider is dead. It creeped me out, BIG TIME.

I shuddered at the memory of how giant that creature was, and hugged Robin closer to my chest.

Finally, after a few more minutes, the guard cut off the female's ranting, and stepped closer to my now tense form.

Apparently , Robin didn't like this elf's presence, and started growling, deep in his throat.

The guard paused, considering for a moment, whether it was a smart move to come any closer.

Do they even know that Robin's a dog? Maybe they don't have any in this time period!

I saw the female roll her eyes at the guard, before walking right past him and stretching out her hands for Robin.

I looked up at her face, and I knew that she could obviously tell I was not about to hand over the only thing that I know for a fact is real rightnow.

What if they eat Robin, and I'm not here to protect him?

" Do not worry, young one, you're... friend will be safe here, with me and the other healers. My name is Muriel, and that ignorant elf over there, is my brother, Elgire. The king has sent for you to meet him in the throne room. Tell me, what is your name?"

I proccessed Muriel's words for a moment as they settled in my head before replying, " Milana. I am Milana Cartwright. What does your king want with me? Can you tell me where I am!?"

Muriel gave a gentle smile as she unwrapped Robin from my tight embrace and settled him on the bed.

" That is a lovely name, but, I am afraid, I cannot tell you anything else. Our king is impatient, more than ever today, and he does not like to be kept waiting. Now , please follow my brother and he will lead you to the king."

Muriel turned to go, just as I stood up. " Wait! Do you know what happened to me after I fell? I was in a tree and-"

Muriel cut me off." The young prince caught you, and brought you here. The king ordered for you to be brought before him as soon as you had awoken. Now, please hurry. The prince has angered the king by bringing you here to the healer's tower instead of straight to him. I will see you later in the evening, Milana Cartwright."

And with that, I gave one last glance to a now sleeping Robin, before following Elgire out of the healer's tower and to the , apparently, now angered Elf King.

I wonder what he's like? I hope he won't kill Robin and me.