Chapter 12

"Y'Edan!"A human!

The lean elf grabbed my arm and fired off ,what I could only assume to be questions,rapid words at me in Sindarin. After a few more questions and numerous body shakings, I finally decided on the best choice of action.

Let's see who's going to end up being dumb and who's going to be dumber. Shall we?

"Que?"

I would've laughed at the elf's confused expression if he wasn't also furious and dragging me back to King Thranduil's room.

NO,no.No.NO.No.

"I won't go back in there! He's a dog-strangler!" Feeling a sudden sense of desperation that freedom was so close, and the fear coursing through my veins didn't make my worrying over what the elf king would do to me any better, I did the only thing I could think of.

The elf had his right hand gripping my upper left bicep, so I still had plenty of room to do what I had to do.

Before I could change my mind, I moved to the left, whirled around,and kneed the elf where the sun doesn't shine. Unfortunately, his hold on my arm didn't loosen, and so I used both of my hands to hold his arm steady as I latched onto his muscular arm and bit down hard.

With a loud cry, he let go and shoved me to the floor as he cradled his precious jewels and now bleeding arm.

Quickly, without feeling much regret at what I had just done, I spat out the droplets of blood from my mouth and turned down the hallway.

I heard the elf moan out a few bitter words in his own language that sounded a lot like he was cursing me, before I high-tailed it down the hall.

I was just turning the corner, before I halted in my steps.

My arms are empty....

The sound of running paws on wood flooring brought me out of my thoughts and I looked over my shoulder to find Robin turning the corner, apparently he was chasing after me.

"Crap! Sorry ,Robin!" Without wasting another second, I scooped up Robin and bolted down the dim hallway until I came upon a large teal door.

Please let this be the door that leads outside!

There was shouting coming from somewhere nearby, and I moved my legs faster.

I silently sent a prayer up to God before hoisting Robin under one arm so I could use the other to push open the door.

Please be unloc-yes!

The plain wooden door swung open and my jaw dropped.

It was the creepy forest!

Letting a grin form on my face, I stepped out and swung the door shut behind me.

"We made it, Robin! We're free from that jerk!"

Feeling giddy with excitement, I hurried away from the door and down a short path before coming up on a small bridge that crossed over a coursing river.

My mind suddenly flashed back to the images of those orcs and that giant spider in the tree, but I quickly decided that anything was better than being locked away in that dungeon to rot for the rest of my life.

Not caring what happened next, as long as we escaped form that dog- strangler, I held on tighter to Robin as he started to squirm and began to make my way across the bridge.

Seven minutes later of eerie silence, and I found myself walking through the sickly forest with Robin still squirming in my arms.

My head began to feel fuzzy and I found it a little strange, but something about the air just wasn't right.

"Don't worry, boy. We'll be out of this creepy forest in a jiffy, just gotta find..... hmmm... what were you looking for again?"

My head was swarming with what felt like a thousand bees all buzzing inside of my skull, and for a second, I thought I was dying, because I couldn't even see straight anymore.

My knees shook and before I could even try to gain control, I crashed to the forest floor and watched as Robin finally got out of my arms before he started barking.

"Robin... Stop that, it's just me. There's nothing to worry about except that big ugly rock right there."

It was as if my words had brought it to life. The 'big ugly rock' had suddenly stood up and revealed itself to be an orc wearing a strange cloak.

The limping creature snarled at me and I sucked in a sharp breath when I heard a 'whoosh' sound right before I felt an arrow piercing my left shoulder.

'Dang, that was my favorite shoulder, too.'