Chapter 3

With a groan , I opened my eyes to find that I was lying on my back in the middle of a forest that looked worse than death. The trees were much larger than the ones near my home, and much sicker looking as well.

With a dreading feeling in the pit of my stomach , I knew that I was far, vary far from my home. Sitting up, I felt a small weight fall off my chest with a small whimper.

Looking down, I let out a sigh of relief at the sight of Robin trying to climb up onto my chest again, but failing miserably.

Leaning forward, I picked him up and quickly stood while taking in my surroundings some more.

There was a quickly built campfire that was still burning with small flames roasting a wild animal that was dead on the spit.

I felt my body instantly freeze at the exact moment, Robin let out a small growl at the two orks who were now rising from the ground.

Dang, now I'm sure that I'm not even in my own world anymore!

"Where do you think you're going? Be a good little human girl and sit back down until dinner is done. Afterward, we might have you for desert."

Like hell , you will! And without a second thought, I turn around and race into the strange and creepy looking forest.

The more I run, the harder I find myself being able to see exactly where I'm going. As I keep going, I make sure to go for the thicker foliage so the orcs chasing me will be slowed down while they get caught on the sharp thorn bushes and other painful plants.

I hope at least.

I speed up when I hear one of their slithering voices yell out, " Come back to us , little human. We can protect you from the big, scary beasts that roam in these woods!" An awful cackling follows afterwards, and I cringe in disgust.

Protect me, ha! More like eat me and Robin!

After a while, I finally am forced to stop and catch my breath for a few minutes.

But I know I do not have a few minutes.

Looking around, I spot a large tree that looks easy enought to climb, even with a dog in my arms. I hurry over to it, and quickly do my best to climb it while still keeping a firm hold on Robin's small body.

Huffing and panting like crazy, I make it about halfway up the tree before I rest on a thick branch that extends behind some thick layers of leaves that offer some concealment from the two orcs chasing me.

And not even five minutes later, I look down to the forest ground and immediately spot the two crouching figures clad in black and odd looking armor, carrying with them, crude looking swords.

They slash thier swords around like thier modern day machetes , cutting through the underbrush around them in search of us.

Please, don't let them find us. Please don't l-

" What was that? Did you hear it too?" One of the orcs, the shorter of the two speaks up, looking off into the woods with alarm.

I listen closely in the short silence that followed , but I heard nothing that didn't seem to belong in this forest other than myself and the two cannibals below.

The taller one tilts his head, listening for a few seconds before he suddenly takes a few steps backwards.

My heart is pounding in my chest and fear , along with an insane amount of adrenaline is coursing through my veins on an endless track field.

I don't hear anything. Maybe it's a wild deer that they're hearing? I hope so, because I don't know what else it cou-

The shorter orc lets out a sudden, shrill scream of pain as it falls to the ground.

A gleaming wooden arrow is just visible, protruding from the orcs back.

The taller orc stands no chance as , suddenly, there are a large number of tall people surrounding him with arrows notched and loaded, aimed at his head.

I squint my eyes to see better.

Wait a minute, those aren't tall humans....they're elves!!! Oh my god, now I'm positive I must've traveled back in time to some wierd world of J.R.R. Tolkien's books!

I watch as blonde haired elf steps forward from the rest, and approaches the growling orc.

" Tell me orc, who gave you and your friend permission to trespass on Elven land?"

From how high up I was, I couldn't see the elf's face clearly, but I could tell , just from the way he speaks, that he obviously holds some authority.

The orc spits in the elf's face before replying, " My Master owns all lands, silly elf-ling. This speck of land is not yours, but is already becoming my Master's property."

The orc lets out a mocking laugh that is quickly cut short when the blonde haired elf draws out his curved sword and cuts the orc's head clean off.

Ewww....disgusting! Great, now I'm going to have nightm-

I feel something scratch my back quickly for a second, then draw back.

I slowly turn around, and dearly wish I hadn't.

I let out a glass breaking scream at the sight of a giant spider staring at me with hunger in all eight of it's eyes.

And before I knew it, I go from staring at the terrifying spider, to viewing all the passing scenery around me as I fall out of the tree with a shaking pomeranian in my arms.

God, what did I do to deserve this?