Chapter 28

Milana's POV:

I slashed out  with my claws  to decapitate the  elf, but he quickly spun away before  swinging his sword  around and slicing a thin line across my front right leg.

Surely the puny creature could do better than that?

I hissed when the elf  did the same to my other leg, and whipped my tail around to knock the elf to the ground.

I blew out a puff of smoke to show my satisfaction, but, it did not last for long.

The elf was back on his feet within a matter of seconds and raised his elven blade to halt on of my talons that had been racing toward his abdomen.

The elf's eyes flickered to my glowing green ones before he gracefully darted out of reach of my tail, not wanting to be caught by surprise by it again.

The Orcs and goblins were all around me, fighting other elves, dwarves, and weak humans.

 Everyone gave me a wide birth, as I continued to play dragon and mouse with this cunning elf.

As the elf raised his sword arm, I saw my opening and dived for his right arm.

My master's voice screamed in my head, " no!"

But, it was too late.

My razor sharp teeth embedded so deeply into the elf's arm that the bone snapped in two and he screamed out agony.

That's when I tasted it.

Elf blood. And with it came images of the same elf and a young dark haired human girl talking in a throne room. She called him Thranduil. 

Suddenly it was as if a switch had been flipped.

That human girl who I could see as clearly as those around me now, turned around in the vision and stared right into my eyes.

" Fight it. You are a beast. But you have what the Dark One will never have-humanity."

This female voice seemed to drown out the sounds of Master's voice and I could feel a gicantic wave of dizzyness hit me.

I growled as I drew back from the elf- from Thranduil- and raised my wings, beating them to gain wind under them.

Something wasn't right. This was me, but, at the same time, not me.

The same human's girl's voice had vanished, along with the other horrid one.

My thoughts and mind were my own again, as I lifted up and soared into the darkening sky.

What am I doing? Where am I going? Who am I, beside a beast and a witch? Who is that human girl?

 I wanted bloodshed but now my bloodlust has disappeared.

I want to do something, but what?

Go home.

I shut my mind off after that, and let my instincts  and the female voice guide me.

**********************

Thranduil's POV:

I fell to the ground as my good arm squeezed the shoulder of my right arm.

My sword had fallen from my grasp, and Orcs were advancing upon me now that Milana had flown away.

They have no dragon to fear anymore.

I could barely move as my body screamed at me to stop when I tried to stand.

"Little elf king has fallen. This filth will die now."

All sorts of jests and taunts could heard around me as a group of Orcs closed in for the kill.

Gritting my teeth, I used my good arm to  pick up my elven blade and forced myself to rise to my feet.

I must stop Milana. Something strange happened when she bit my arm, even for a dragon, I did not think it possible for one to ever have such a scared look on her scaly face.

She needs me.

Somehow I know, and that knowledge right there was enough to have me push my pain back and begin swiping limbs and chopping off heads everywhere I turned.

I need her.

My own roar of frustration and rage joined the sound of a dragon's roar  as I  continued to fight my way out of Dol Guldur.

Never before have I felt such worry for a single being, not even Legolas. He is his father's son, so there was never initially any reason to worry on my part.

But, Milana cannot handle this. 

Her mind has been invaded, and if this potion I have  sent earlier for from Lord Elrond, before we left the castle, does not work, I fear the absolute worst  will happen.