Same Mistakes

Taylor.

"He's so funny and very charming, he knows all of the words to my favorite song, he has a great relationship with his mother and sister, he's a very nice person. He does so much for his fans and-" Selena interrupted me.

"I've heard all of this already!" She rubbed her temples in frustration. "I would've wanted you to shoot me if I talked about Justin like that."

"Well you did." I rolled my eyes at her. "Sorry."

"I get that you like him Taylor, but do you really want to be told who to love?" She asked with concern.

"I don't know. I just want to be with him, all the time. I want him to live with me and I want him to make me breakfast. I want to marry him and have kids together." I leaned my head on my hands. "It's so bad."

"It sounds bad." Selena said. "I don't get it. You just met him."

"But we talked a lot and went to the mall together and I swear it feels like I've known him for ten years."

"You're acting careless about this." She got serious again. "This is going to end horribly if you guys don't slow down."

"Who cares? I really like him and I don't like that, but I have never felt this way before. He's reckless about who is surrounding him, but he knows how to live." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I want to be a part of that."

~

After my lunch date with Selena, I drove back home and laid in bed. It was bliss until my door bell was rung. I stayed in bed and kept humming to myself.

My phone started ringing, which I ignored also. The ringtone wouldn't stop and I fear something was wrong. I got out of bed and grabbed my phone from its charger.

"Hello?" I sighed through the speaker.

"Hey Taylor," it was Harry.

"Hey," I shook my head. "Is everything okay Harry?"

"Yeah of course." He laughed. "Are you home? I'm outside."

"You're outside?!" I said in disbelief. I walked into the living room and peeped through the window. He was parked in the back parking lot, with his headlights off. I could barely see him through the roof window, but somehow I pictured him smiling.

"Why are you here....at ten O'clock?" I checked the time on my phone.

"Let's go for a drive." He said as if it were the easiest thing in the world.

I debated it for a while. This can't be a good idea? Although, I have so much fun driving with him and we get along so great. But it's late and we haven't spoken all day.

"I'll be out in a second." I told Harry.

For some reason, I feel like tonight will be fun and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I ignored the warnings my conscience was throwing at me and got dressed. I had a plain pair of jeans on and a black cardigan over my white tanktop. I pulled my hair up and wiped away some smudged mascara.

I completely felt giddy as I rode down the elevator. It felt like I needed time to compose myself but I couldn't wait! I was excited and scared at the same time.

When I opened the door, Harry was leaning against the hood of the car and looked up from his phone. "You look lovely." He smiled and walked to the passenger door. I giggled and walked where he was.

"Thank you," I said in a posh accent. He replied with a fancy bow and a half smile. He shut the door and walked around to the drivers side.

We have to go public soon and I'm afraid it won't be this simple anymore.

~

"Are you okay? You seem...." Harry asked after we got on the freeway, "a little off?" He finished and I felt his eyes on me.

"I'm fine. I was just enjoying the wind." I told him.

"Really?" I looked at him and saw him smiling, "cause your window isn't down." He smirked and stoooed at a red light.

"I didn't say this wind." I crinkled my nose at him, trying to play off the embarrassment I felt. "I remembered the wind from earlier and I was enjoying that.." it was silent until he giggled and ended up tearing up and I laughed at him.

We soon came to a stop and our laughter died down. We were parked in front of my building, it was dark and cold all of a sudden. I shivered and chuckled again.

"Do you......do you want to come in?" I think I asked. I'm probably making another mistake and this is going to go way overboard.

"Sure." He shut off the car and got out. I opened my door, not realizing he walked around. We both laughed and walked to the front door.

The elevator ride was filled with Harry and I laughing and telling terrible jokes. He accidentally brushed his hand against mine and I swear, my heart stopped beating.

When we got to my door, he stopped us from walking in and leaned down slowly, then placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

I didn't know what to do. I smiled at him and twisted the knob. We walked in and I set my jacket down on the counter. Harry took off his coat as well and set it next to mine.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked him. He nodded his head and sat on the couch.

"So here's a question," Harry said from the living room, "do you feel like this is more than an arrangement?" I looked in his direction and saw him playing with the strings on my pillow. He looked up with wide eyes and his bottom lip caught between his teeth. I looked away quickly and pulled out two juice boxes.

"I-" I stopped talking. I walked out and handed him his juice box and sat on the edge of the couch. Like Harry, I looked at my hand and thought about his question. It's embarrassing to tell someone you feel so strongly about them, especially when you're only supposed to look at the cameras and like him.

"I like you, Harry." I admitted. He looked up and then back down, trying to hide a smile. "Why are you smiling?" I stood up and looked at him. He stood up as well and gripped my forearm.

"Don't get mad, there is no reason to get mad." He reassured me. "I like that you like me, Taylor." My name rolled off his tongue and I lost all senses. He smiled and rubbed his thumb in the center of my elbow. I got chills. He saw me shiver and laughed.

"So," I cleared my throat and chuckled a bit. He smiled and took a step back, the loss of contact put a frown on my face. He smiled and his cheeks reddened, making me laugh as well. He set his juice box down and took my hand. I set the box down as well and braced myself for what he was doing. I squeezed my eyes closed and sucked in a sharp breath.

Then I felt it. The warmth of his lips on mine. They were soft to the touch and kind of cracked. He cupped my cheeks and pushed the hair that was hiding my ears away from my face. I felt him smile and couldn't help but smile back. My hands tangled through his hair and I kissed him back. He felt so warm under my touch and I know I was probably burning. He pressed for more and I granted him with it. He smiled again and started walking backwards. His hand left my cheek and then returned after he opened the door. We turned opposite ways and soon I felt the back of my knees hit my treasure chest at the edge of my bed.

"Harry," I broke away from the kiss and looked into his eyes. Though it was dark, I could see the hint of green that made him seem mysterious. "We have to take this slow." I whispered, nearly breathless from the kiss.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." He was also out of breath. I smiled and leaned up to kiss him again. He dipped his head and kissed me back. "Do you want to stay the night?" I asked, bending my head down.

"Sure." He smiled and kissed my forehead.