Out Of The Woods

Taylor.

"I brought you some coffee," Harry handed me a large white cup filled with steaming heaven.

"Thanks." I told him, grabbing the cup.

He cracked a few jokes in the mean time. We were sitting in an empty building. On the highest floor, in a deserted meeting office. We overlooked the city and decided to relax, instead of do what we usually do.

"It's late." I said to him. Then I took a big drink of my coffee.

"Should I drive you home?" He smirked.

"God, I want to punch you in the face right now." I said, mostly to myself. And then we started laughing.

He was going to say something smart back until my phone started buzzing. I pulled it out of my pocket and smiled at who was calling.

"What do you want, Taylor?" He asked, staring at me.

I looked at him, "what do you mean?" I asked.

"What do you want from this?" He blushed. I almost laughed. "From us sneaking around and hanging out."

"I don't know. I want a friend, I guess." I said to him.

"Friend." He echoed. "That's really what you want?" He asked.

"Yes..." I glared at him.

"Seriously? You haven't thought of anything except having me as a friend?" He started getting louder.

"What did you think I wanted? You have a girlfriend!" I turned towards him in the desk chair. "You can't do this dammit!" I stood up and slammed my almost empty cup on the table.

"Do what?" He asked, like he had no clue.

"You can't do this to me! You can't act like you care about me. You were the one who walked out, remember?"

"That doesn't mean I don't love you, Taylor! That was so long ago."

"But you keep doing it! You call me and take me away and we end up having an amazing night together, and then you're gone the next day or half of your mind is with Kendall! You leave and you don't come back until you need something."

"You remember when we spent that week together and you had me kill the spider?" He reminded me.

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?" I yelled, frustrated at him.

"I just want you to remember a time that we were together." He said, rubbing his head with his fingers.

"I remember it all, Harry." I told him. I wanted to break down so badly right now. "I mean I don't remember everything exactly, but I remember most of it."

"You know, Harry," I sit back down in the chair, "I don't think you want love. I think what you really want is the satisfaction of winning."

"What are you saying?" He asked.

"I'm saying..I don't think you want a relationship with me. I think you just want somebody to be there for you when you don't want to be alone."

"That's not true. I was young and selfish, Taylor. I wanted fame and attention. But now..." He looked at me intensely, almost like he thought I would go. "You made me happy. And I didn't know that two people could connect in such a way, that we always come back to each other." I started shaking my head. "Taylor, I'm old enough to know what I want and who I want, and I want you." It felt like he almost looked through me.

"I'm exhausted." Here come the water works. "This relationship, this limbo stage that we put ourselves in, it's exhausting. And I'm tired of coming back to limbo. I'm tired of hiding away when I deserve to be shown off." I started getting upset. "Why didn't you talk about me?" I asked him.

"What?" He asked.

"Why didn't you talk about me in interviews and to your friends? Why didn't you post pictures of me?" I asked, desperate for the answers.

He looked at me with disappointment, "you're special to me." His eyes glossed over. "I didn't want to share you with anyone. I wanted our pictures together, to be for your and my eyes only. I couldn't-" he furrowed his eyebrows. After it was quiet for too long, I spoke up.

"Are you happy with her?" I was afraid to ask.

He hesitated. Looking between me, the floor, and my lips. "Kendall and me have fun as friends. But we could never be more than that. Taylor...." He caught his breath.

"We can't be together..." my voice cracked and I had to look away to avoid being guilty. "At least not now." I said, feeling somewhat empty.

"Taylor," I looked up at Harry. He looked at me the same way he used to look at me when he wanted me to be with him. I got out of my chair and sat on his lap, laying on his chest. "If you don't want to be together right now, I can wait until you're ready to give us another chance." He said to me.

I smiled to myself, feeling a sense of peace. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "So," I said.

"So."

"Just so you know, I'll always be up for a drive with you."

||THE END||