Chapter 22

Marissa's pov

Two weeks had passed since we got to New York, Nick was in the shower while I was lying on the couch watching camp rock. My phone started going off like crazy. Text after text from Aby and my sister Tiffany. Calls from my parents, Kevin, Danielle, and Joe. Even Denise and Paul were calling me. I sighed and placed my phone down ignoring them all yet again.
"Marissa." Nicks voice scared me, I looked to him and he slipped his shirt over his head and onto his torso.
"Why are you ignoring everyone?" He whispered and I looked back to the TV.

-one week ago-

"Oh my god.." I looked at the tv and saw one of my friends from my home town
"Memorial service for Hannah Campion will be held this weekend" the news reporter stated and I sat there in shock
"All donated money goes towards make a wish foundation, and towards leukemia patients" boom that's when it hit.
"Babe.." Nick mumbled.
"She had leukemia.. And I rarely responded to her texts and calls.." I whispered
"Hey hey it's okay. We can go. It's tomorrow night. Okay?" He hugged me tight and I nodded.
------------------------------------------

"What if it was me instead.. I had cancer."
"It wasn't you, answer your phone. Aby is calling. She lands tonight" Nick kissed my forehead and handed me my phone.
"Hello..?" I mumbled
"Riss!? Oh my god where have you been !?" She shouted
"Hm? No where. Don't even worry. You land in a few hours ! Can't wait to see you"
"Nick coming with you to get me?"
"Yeah! So we'll see you in a bit. Love you. Miss you. See you soon" I sighed and hung up.

Nicks pov

Two more weeks passed and we were back in California laying in Marissa's bed.
"I feel nauseas" she mumbled and ran to her bathroom. I rubbed her back and she shook her head
"I might need the hospital."
"No no you're okay.." I whispered while I continued to rub her back.
"You know what you need ? Crackers and ginger ale.. We can fix this without the hospital. I'll be back. I love you" I kissed her cheek
"I love you too" she sat against the wall and I ran out of the house. I ran in my car and sat staring at the keys in my hand. I called Aby
"What's up Nick?" She giggled
"Can your mom drop you off at Marissa's..? She's sick and I'm scared to leave her alone.." I mumbled
"Of course. My mom will take me right now. Go get what she needs. She won't be alone. I'll be there soon"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I know this part is a bit boring. And I apologize. I've just been having so much going on lately. This is just something to hold over while I work on this and my new Nick story. I'll be posting again every Friday ! So be on the look out. Also I am a part of swshannonwerle story The Bachelor Nick Jonas Edition. So be sure to read it when she starts posting ! Episodes will be every Monday !!