Armed

Max walked into George and Sid's room "follow me we going to the armory now." George looked up and stood up he was ready to go back into action. Sid got up more slowly George could tell that he was dreading having to risk his life once again. George had promised him that he would keep him safe and he intended on keeping his promise. The whole group was waiting outside for them they walked together through the corridor and into the lift.

"The armory is at the end of the garden." Max said in the lift no one responded they were all practicing being as quiet as they could.

The lift took them to the first floor of the palace they were clear to be there but once they got into the garden things would get a little more complicated. Once they got out of the lift the group extended there spacing they left about ten steps between each of them.

George resisted the urge to look around to see who was there he had to look natural at the moment there was no reason he shouldn't be where he was. The group past a balcony where they could see people having diner. It was a crowded hall there must have been hundreds of people all eating different foods and taking to one another. The hall was unbelievably fancy the walls were plated with gold and large portraits hung on the walls.

George saw one of the men was Ashanti his portrait was the biggest it was at the far wall in the dinning room. He was dressed in a military uniform not just any uniform though it was the uniform worn by those who those who had invaded America. His face was hidden underneath the thick black sunglasses he wore but George knew it was him.

George was glad to see the portrait things such as that would make Ashanti complacent they would make him believe that everyone around him is an ally. George was sure it would be known that this wasn't true. George didn't know if Ashanti was going to die soon or not but he was certainly going to do everything which he could to try.

After they walked past the diner hall the palace became much quieter everyone else was either busy or asleep. George didn't feel tired he was too filled with adrenaline to even think of going to sleep to George it was the ideal time for action. None the less they had to move slowly George checked every corner before he took another step because he knew that he was getting close to the garden.

Max struck out his hand and gave them the signal to stop George could see too large glass windows and nothing but darkness outside of them. Max gave them the signal to separate and everyone moved in different directions. George turned around and moved down the hallway Sid followed him others moved off to the left and some went down the right corridor. Whilst everyone faced away Max got to work on the lock. George saw he had two metal pieces of equipment George forced himself to turn away he had to keep watch.

George heard a series of quiet clicking noises coming from the lock George leaned against the wall and stared straight down the corridor. George heard a sound similar to the click but louder he couldn't help himself he turned and looked. When George turned his head he saw that Max had picked the lock and he was starting to side the door open.

George forced himself to turn his head back but he tuned in to every small creek coming from the door and each sound filled him with terror. The door fell silent and one by one George started hearing footsteps and the group slowly poured out into the garden. George was the second last to go followed only by Sid.

He slowly walked up to the garden trying to control his breathing every step filled him with terror and he pushed himself closer and closer to the blackness. George walked right up to the door and sucked up one last deep breath and stepped into the garden.

At once George went down into a crouch and moved slowly towards a bush he half crawled over to a white rose bush where the group were waiting. George knelled down scraping against the bush as he did he listen to the bush rustling against his leg. George closed his eyes trying to cancel out the sound. He knew it was unlikely anyone heard but his life was at stake he didn't want to take any unnecessary risks.