Last line of defense

George slowly opened the door he kept his pistol held up Sid followed behind him as they moved slowly through the spacecraft. Something bad was happening and George didn't like the way this were shaping up. "We've lost you're position what's happening?" General Adams asked him through the ear piece.

"Me and Sid are on a rocket with Ashanti and five or six of his men everyone else is KIA something is going on here I need you to help tell me what." George responded clinically as he stared straight ahead he didn't allow his concentration to be distracted. From what George could see the rocket wasn't anything special. Could it be that after everything the rocket was just something done for Ashanti's amusement?

The thought frightened George he pushed it out of his head it didn't make any sense if it was just for recreation they wouldn't have ordered there men to withdraw from America. It had to be connected they were winning the war it wouldn't make any sense to withdraw unless they had something else planned.

George turned his head briefly to check on Sid he was doing okay he kept his weapon out and was looking straight Ahead. George soon leant he wasn't just able to float forward as if he was in water he had to stay near the wall to push himself forward. It was a strange feeling floating around the spacecraft but now wasn't the time for childish excitement. Anything not relevant to mission George locked out of his head Sarah, the war back in America, Max all locked out of his mind.

George turned a corner he saw a man wearing a black uniform turn around he was armed with an assault rifle. George pushed Sid out of the way and rammed himself against a wall the bullets ricocheted off the walls. The bullets didn't fly in slow motion nor was the sound muffled apart from the fact that they were floating it was the exact same as a normal gunfight.

As George pulled his pistol out from his belt the man turned around the corner and was getting ready to fire off another flurry of gunshots. Time seemed to be moving in slow motion the man moved across the wall. Sid had his weapon aimed in the man's direction but George knew he'd have to take matters into his own hands.

The man edged forward Sid fired a shot it hit the end of the hallway with a loud bang it had missed its target by about a foot. The shot confirmed his suspicions he would have to deal with the man by himself. George allowed him to take one final step forward before deciding to act. He struck out like a wild animal knocking the man's rifle up into his chin.

The man tried to stumble back as the blow knocked him backwards George was ready to follow up the hit and finish the job. He brought up his pistol into the air and fired the shot flew cleanly through the mans head blood began to pour out of the exit wound.

He fell down and floated around in mid air George reached a wall and used it to pull himself along getting his pistol ready to fire again. He figured there were at least four more men in the spacecraft and it wouldn't be long before he faced another one of them. The man was by George's count the fifth or sixth man he'd killed in the last few days he no longer felt any regrets. Everything he did he was doing to be reunited with Sarah and avenge Max's death.

George walked on ignoring the corpse Sid followed his lead George didn't know if he was as still afraid as he was in the car and he didn't care as long as he was being obedient to him. He wasn't looking for a friend once he got back on the land the two of them would part ways forever. George entered full military mode he let his training overcome his personality that was what was needed of him.

They turned another corner entering the living area for those on board the spacecraft it was divided up into four sealable sleeping areas for each astronaut. It appeared empty but George wasn't taking any chances he waited by the corner of the entrance waiting for someone to pop up and start shooting at him.