Chapter 2 Asgard, We Have A Problem

Clint's POV
The events of yesterday blew over and everyone was back to normal. Stark and Banner were tracking down our next HYDRA base to take down and everyone else was chilling around the tower, except Steve of course, he was on his morning jog. I was about to go find Nat when I heard a loud crashing from the kitchen.

"How dare you assault me, Fruit Destroyer!  I am the mighty Thor, Son of Odin and you are a mere servant of Stark!"

Great, now we are about to lose our third blender this month. I quickly ran to the kitchen to find fruit smoothie sprayed everywhere and Thor standing over broken plastic. "Thor, what did I say about breaking things when you get mad?"

"The maker of the smoothie attacked me with delicious fruit!" Thor angrily replied, pointing at the remains of the blender.

"For the last time it's a BLENDER, and did you forget to put the top on again?"

"I..." Thor began, but Tony cut him off.

"AVENGERS!" He shouted. "ASSEMBLE... at the lounge we've got our next base to destroy."

"I never liked that name." I mutter and started making my way to the lounge. I walked in to find Steve back from his run and everyone on the couches. I took a seat next to Nat and looked to Tony expectantly. "Where we going next?"

Tony cleared his throat. "Well since Rogers made it back from his run may I be the first to say STEVE STOP BREAKING MY DOORS!"

Steve shrugged. "And the wall." He added.

He put hand to his head and sighed. "This is why we can't have nice things."

"If you'd just make stronger doors and walls we could avoid this problem." Steve pointed out.

"If you would stop viciously attacking my building we could avoid having to avoid this problem."

"What?"

"It made more sense in my head." Tony admitted.

"Come on Tony, focus." Natasha pushed, "Where's the next mission?"

"Well it looks like we are..." He trailed off and stared out the window. I turned and looked to see a familiar beam of light coming down from the sky. Tony ran to the elevator while mumbling, "I swear if that hits my lawn..."

Normally a tall beam of light would be an unsettling sight, but we've now grown accustomed to our Asgardian visitors. To be honest it still freaks me out, another evil version of Loki could pop in my backyard at any time. That's why I shoot first and ask questions later. We all hurried and joined him to go see who was coming. I turned to Thor in the elevator, "You expecting anybody?"

"No, but let us hope that it is a friend, rather than foe."

Sometimes I really hate they way Thor talks. But even more how unconcerned he is that literally anyone could be launching themselves down to earth. You have to think Thor has some powerful enemies in Asgard. That's when I decided I would just shoot whoever was standing in that little Asgardian crop circle in the eye. If it was a friend I'll send flowers. We stepped outside of the tower to find Sif standing there, waiting for us. Luckily I was in the back so no one saw me almost put an arrow in her eye.

"Oh come on!" Tony groaned when he saw that she landed right in the middle of his lawn. "Yep that's cool, whatever. Anyone else want to ruin something? The lab is untouched, be my guest."

Sif ignored him and turned to Thor. "I'm afraid I do not bring glad tidings from Asgard."

"What is it?" Thor grew a look of concern on his face.

"The tesseract has been taken."

Everyone started to speak at once but I remained quiet, waiting to hear more. Also I'm extremely angry. It's not like we nearly destroyed all of New York to get that dumb little cube aw- oh wait. I swear if it's Loki I'm not leaving until I put an arrow in him. I just realized that I may have a problem with threatening to put arrows in Asgardians. 

Steve looked around, noticing that they were drawing too much attention. "Guys, GUYS!" Everyone turned to him, "Let's take this inside."
*                               *                                 *
Bruce's POV
I've just about had enough of that stupid cube. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I know deep down I'm just itching to examine it, solve the world's energy problems... No, you know that could lead to something terrible, and yet... I force myself to pay attention to Sif as she gets ready to speak. We all were sitting around the glass table in the meeting room with Sif sitting at the head.

"How could the tesseract have been taken?" Thor questions.

"It was the work of geniuses, they were in and out in no time with the walls blown apart. They are masters of their craft." Sif was clearly livid that she could have let such a thing happen.

"They?" I took that moment to jump in.

"Yes," She confirmed. "A small team of at least three, but I think there were a couple more in the ship. Much like your group here."

"So they're in space, right?" Steve looked around for someone to tell him otherwise. When no one did he continued, "Then what do you want us to do?"

"Yeah we're earth's mightiest heroes. I haven't been a big one for space since the Battle of New York." Tony added in an uninterested tone.

"Before they got away, I managed to cause damage to their vessel, and the most likely place they would come to fix it would be Midgard." Sif managed to completely ignore Tony once again, which was impressive.

Everyone seemed satisfied with that answer except for me, but I guess I just like to know the facts, but not as much as Tony. I look up at Sif, "Wait, why would they come to earth? It's not like we would take kindly to aliens, especially after New York."

Thor decided to answer this one "Everyone knows that Asgardians don't come to earth often, and we definitely wouldn't send large groups here. We cannot hope to take down this bunch of thieves with a few Asgardians, to brake into Odin's Treasure Room is very rare, so I fear the worst." Sif nodded in agreement.

Tony stood up and clapped his hands together. "Great talk everyone, that was a lovely confidence booster. But if you don't mind, Bruce and I are going to put together the machine to track the gamma rays."

I stood up and walked to the door, ready to get this whole thing over with when Sif stopped me. "I wish it were that easy." She said, clearly loathing what she had to say next.

"But we've tracked it before, why wouldn't it work?" I was now starting to worry.

She looked up with an expression of sorrow.  "To prevent anyone from tracking the tesseract, we made a special container that blocks the rays so they can't be tracked."

Natasha leaned back in her chair, "Well that backfired." She huffed.

Tony ran his fingers through his hair. "What idiot... How are we supposed to... Wonderful just wonderful. We can't have an easy job, can we?" Tony continued to speak, seemingly to himself. "Nope there's always a catch."

Thor smiled. "I think I know someone who can help."

Oh great, another one of Thor's friends. Not that I don't like all of Thor's friends. Sif is ok when she's not talking to me or looking at me. I'm not antisocial she's just scary. And I am antisocial on occasion. I find that if there's one thing that leads to intense anger, it's other people. I can't help that I'm surrounded by idiots, it's kinda what makes me go green.