Chapter 69- Epilouge

Amanda's POV
It's been weeks since Koda died. I miss him so much, much more than I did the first time I thought he died. It should be easier to let go, I've done it more times then I could care to count, but it just isn't. It should've been me, he deserved better.

His funeral was short and simple, and his tombstone rested by Drake's. I think Steve arranged that, because I for sure didn't. Ever since then I've drowned myself in searching for who the mysterious "they" are with Wanda, in hopes it'll take my mind off Koda. I've had no success with either. I've managed to hide my pain from most everyone else but it's only a matter of time until I lose it.

So now I sat in a temporary room at Tony's while another base is being built. I was on the edge of my bed, tossing a bouncy ball off the floor to the wall till it finally landed in my hand. Then I'd repeat. The result was a soothing rhythm of the ball thudding off the wall and clicking into my hand.

Thud-Thud-Click. Thud-Thud-Click. Thud-Thud-Click-Knock-Knock.

"Come in." I say to the soft taps on my door. I didn't stop tossing the ball as Pietro tip toed in the room.

Thud-Thud-Click.

"You need to get out of your room." Pietro declared.

Thud-Thud-Click.

I've gotten used to Pietro checking up on me all the time and not giving me the slightest clue why. Every single time I ask he dodges the subject, so I just let it slide for now. I really don't mind the guy anymore.

"Why?" I ask.

Thud-Thud-Click.

"Because you haven't left it except for Koda's funeral." Pietro explained, a little frustrated. His frustration tripled as he noticed full food trays on the floor. "And you haven't been eating!"

Thud-Thud-Click.

"What's it to you?" I say without enthusiasm. My voice was as monotone as a robot.

Thud-Thud-Swoosh.

"Hey!" I complain halfheartedly, empty hand still waiting to receive the ball.

Pietro tossed the light blue ball back and forth in his hands playfully. "If you want it, you have to come and get it."

I shrugged and pulled out another bouncy ball, this one dark green. "You don't think Steve already tried that?"

Thud-Thud-Swoosh.

Pietro held the green ball up triumphantly, eyebrow raised. I then proceeded to pull out another one. As soon as it left my pocket Pietro snatched it out of my hand, and in seconds my pockets were empty as well.

"Whatever." I say, falling back in my bed and throwing a pillow on my face. "I wanted a nap anyways."

In a flash I was swooped up and rushed onto the roof before I could even make a sound. I folded my arms and scowled at Pietro. He just shrugged and smiled.

"You forget I'm faster then you."

"You forget I can throw you off this roof." I growled.

He peered over the edge, unimpressed. "It's not that tall, I would be fine."

"Wanna test that?" I threaten.

"You can try to get rid of me all you want, but you're stuck with me. I've decided I'm going to watch over you and there's no one that can stop me."

"Why?" I ask once again. "I don't get why you just decided to take care of me whether I like it or not, which I don't. Do you feel bad for me that I lost Koda even though you hated each other?" Mentioning his name made my heart lurch, but I contained my feelings.