Chapter 25 Your Fault

Amanda's POV
As soon as I woke up pain hit me like a brick wall. I screamed as I felt indescribable torment bursting from my legs. Steve woke up with a jolt on the other side of the cell while I grabbed my legs, beginning to roll around on the ground in agony. That only made the pain worse. I sat still and tried to put myself in a position to best minimize the pain. It took me a few seconds to compose myself until I finally reduced my reaction to the pain. Now I just took sharp, deep breaths and muttered . "Ow, that's not good. That's just... Owww"

Steve looked over at me with wide concerned eyes. "Amanda? What happened? I..." He asked weakly. Steve tried to stand to come by my side, but was too weak to get off of the ground. After giving up on standing he started to slowly army crawl to me.

I couldn't just watch him struggle, he looked so tired and hungry. Every time he lifted his arm he groaned at the effort."No Steve, just, ah" I breathed in sharply as I got another flare of pain. I looked down at my legs to see the damage. A wave of nausea came through me when I saw it. 'Holy crap!' Both of my legs were covered in dark red blood from the knee down. I struggled to keep my last meal in my stomach. 'I need to put pressure on this fast or I'll die of blood loss.' More pain came. It felt like someone was dumping hand sanitizer right onto my wounds. I bit back a scream as Steve made it to my side.

"Why is this so entertaining?" A voice called from my right. I whipped my head around to find the source. There was a tall thin man standing there, he had blonde hair, green eyes, and a huge smile on his face. He was like a real life Jack Skellington with hair. We looked to be in the same room as him, but I could tell that there was a wall of energy between us.

"Who are... You supposed to be?" I managed between breaths.

"Oh, silly me. What a rude host. I'm John." There was something about that guy's tone that made me uneasy.

"John who?" I grimaced.

He hesitated. "That's not important. What's important is that you are finally here! Six years is a long time to wait, but so worth it. We are going to have so much fun!" He exclaimed gleeful. "Well, I am at least."

'Six years? I was working for SHIELD six years ago.' I racked my brain, trying to remember a time I encountered a John. But it was hard to concentrate when it feels like someone dropped a house on your legs. Steve spoke up. "What did you do to her?"

"Oh, nothing too terrible. Stabbed her a few times in the knees and bottoms of her feet, cut up her legs a bit, and I may have shot her in the knee." He said it as if he was describing a walk in the park.

"May have?" The question came out as a shout because of the pain. It was my alternative to screaming.

"Ok I did shoot you in the knee." John confessed with a devilish grin. "I had to do something to weaken you, Steve already had a few days of no food and hardly any water to weaken him down. I know I got a bit carried away..."

"A bit?" I accused.

He laughed. "I didn't know it was going to be so much fun! Making you bleed while you didn't have a clue what was going on, than as soon as you woke up... BAM!" He laughed harder. "Your reaction was priceless. Pain, confusion, anger. And then the Captain, watching him struggle to go help you, just perfect."

I tried to ignore his words. "What do you want with me?"

"I want to tear you apart." He replied simply.

I gestured to my legs. "Congratulations, mission complete. Can I go now?" My voice sounded strained.

He shook his head. "Not on the outside. That was just an added bonus. The pre-game warm up."