Chapter 6 Powers

Clint's POV
I know Cho's new machine worked when Amanda runs into the lounge and jumps onto the couch. "Man, I feel like I can fly!" She exclaims while examining the places where she was once injured. "The bruises still hurt but I feel great."

"Now are you glad I made you try Dr. Cho's machine?" Thor said with a smile.

Amanda got straight faced. "No, I could've handled it. You think a few cuts were gonna stop me?"

How could Tony not trust her? But even as I thought that I noticed that she was still wearing the armguard. Why would she still be wearing it? Wait why does it matter? There is no way I'm going to let Tony's paranoia get in my head.

Tony must've heard the commotion because he came back into the room. "So, show us what you got." He insisted.

She flicked her wrist in Tony's direction and and in a few seconds he was covered in frost. He brushed the snow out of his hair

"Ok." She smiled as she headed to the nearest faucet. Before she got there she touched the nearest wall and I watched as ice crept across the surface. By the time she made it to the faucet the whole room was covered in ice, icicles beginning to hang down. I nervously looked down as ice started creeping up my legs. Maybe Tony was right. Is she capturing us? Should I be trying to get out?

I clear my throat. "Amanda..."

She turned around. "Sorry," She apologized as the ice receded from my legs. "Sometimes it had a mind of its own." I relax knowing that Tony was wrong. Maybe.

Amanda turned on the faucet. "Wow, she can turn on faucets!" I joke. When I look back up I get a splash of cool water in my face. "Hey!" I say while wiping off my face. Everyone started to laugh as I spit water out of my mouth. It took me a minute to find out she controlled the water to hit my face.

"Impressive." Nat said. "You should do that more often."

Amanda formed the water into the shape of Thor's hammer and froze it.
Thor smiled. "That is not even the the best one."

"There's more?" Bruce exclaimed in unbelief.

Amanda shot Thor a look. "Not if you want to keep this room nice."

"Let's take this outside." Tony compromised. "I need to see this. Could you uh," he gestured to the ice. With a wave of her hand the ice receded and disappeared.
* * *
Steve's POV
We walked out the back door to the training yard. It was fairly large and had high walls for privacy from straying eyes on the street. Amanda walked passed us and turned around.

"You got a target?" She said to no one in particular.

"Jarvis!" Tony yelled.

A small target popped out of the ground about 15 ft away. I looked as she raised her arm towards the target, and a shot of blue energy came out of her arm, destroying the target.

"You know that is not what I meant." Thor said.

"But I don't like the other one," Amanda whined. "It's weird. It came from someone experimenting on me, in... Norway I think. Or was I in Canada?"

"Don't be shy." I encourage. "I need to know what I'm working with here." As this was going on I was thinking about how helpful she will be in the field. I mean if we fight near a large body of water, that'll be over in seconds. She could just command the water and make a huge wave, wiping out all of our enemies.

"Fine." She said as she rolled her shoulders back. "I hate doing this." She muttered. Amanda took a deep breath and then started to run. She made a loop and turned back towards us. I blink as I do a double take. Her red are yellow. Amanda was 10 ft away when she jumped. In midair her clothes formed into snowy white fur and her hands/feet into paws. She landed inches away from us.

"Is she a Sabertooth Tiger?" Bruce exclaimed. "Remarkable." He turned to Thor. "Did she say if they used DNA from a real Saber?"

He thought for a moment. "I believe so."

He walked up and examined her long sharp teeth and huge paws. "Amazing." 

"She said when she is a 'saber,' as you call it, that she can run faster than a, uh, cheater I believe."

"A cheetah?" I correct.

"Perhaps so."

"She's huge!" Tony exploded. "This is awesome, now we can study Sabers more closely! What if I made a suit that looks like one? Cause these things look sweet." Tony was jumping up and down. "Look! She's almost as tall as me!"

"That's not an accomplishment." Natasha chuckled.

"I would love to sit here and stare at a cat all day..." Clint started, "But we should really get to finding the tesseract. We don't know how long it will take for them to repair their ship."

With that Amanda took off running, and she made it all the way to the other side within seconds. That's going to be so helpful to get from place to place without flying. When she jumped she made it at least 10ft in the air, thanks to her muscular Sabertooth legs. She changed back to her old self midair again, tucking and rolling for the landing.

"Let's find the tesseract." Amanda said with determination.
* * *
Tony's POV
"Come on Amanda, think!" I urged. "Aren't you supposed to be the tesseract expert or something?" Bruce, Amanda, and I were in the lab trying to figure out a way to track the tesseract.

"Just give me a minute!" Amanda hissed.

"How about while we wait we put up the trackers for gamma rays. I know the container it's in blocks it but if they take it out for even a second, we'll know." Bruce compromised, trying to give Amanda extra time to think.

"Good idea, and we already can rule out highly populated areas. You think you can get some eyes in the sky over some rural areas?" Amanda asked.

"Wait, why are we ruling out populated areas?" I asked.

"There's not a lot of places you can hide a spaceship." Amanda pointed out.

Oh yeah, spaceship.

"And with that we can also keep an eye out for large shipments of metal to the less populated areas of the world." Bruce added.

"No, let's look out for large stolen shipments of metal, or huge robberies. Anything like that on the news. I don't expect them to have a lot of cash that would be accepted here. Plus they are thieves so..." I countered.

"Wait we're on Midgard!" Amanda exclaimed.

She looked like she had the biggest aha moment of her life. "Yes..." I said in anticipation.

"I forgot you guys had iron here! It's not common in many other planets so I ruled out that idea right away."

"What idea? How can we find it?" Bruce asked eagerly.

"When iron is near tesseract, the tesseract will send off energy into the air that disrupts any nearby signals. So..."

Bruce cut her off. "All we have to do is send signals to stations all over the world and see if any are disrupted."

"But how do we make sure iron is nearby?" Amanda questioned.

"Well they're going to be fixing their ship, and a lot of tools here have iron mixed in so, odds are there is iron nearby." Bruce responds.

"Well I think we are set here then." I say, eager to get Amanda to leave. I still don't trust her yet. I just need to know more about her.

"The signal will have to be really strong to detect any subtle disturbances, and we can only send it to a few stations at a time... So it might take a while." Bruce explained.

"But we'll get it." I smile, putting a hand on Bruce's shoulder. "But we might have to send the signal from another station. For some reason the signal here at the tower is being weird."

Amanda's eyes got wide, but she fixed it almost too quickly for me to see "Oh... Weird. That's just ironic isn't it?"

Something's going on... I smile it off. "Terrible luck for us I guess."

I need to find out what she's hiding.