Chapter 61 Trials

Amanda's POV
I woke from a nightmare filled dream with a start. The room was spinning... literally. It was as if I was in a giant square hamster wheel. My eyes widened as the room tilted enough for my bed to come crashing toward me. I leapt out of the way only to have a chair slide into me. I was more annoyed then injured.

I grumpily got to my feet, grabbed the chair, and chucked it into a spinning wall. The floor I was on kept spinning, causing me to fall back to the wall. I stood up when the wall (now the floor I guess) was as even as possible. But it kept spinning. This time I walked to the wall with the spin so I could stay on my feet.

For the first few spins it worked great. It was like walking inside of a slow giant spinning wheel. The room started spinning faster and faster, to the point where I had to run to stay on my feet. I kept up running for an hour. An hour of nonstop running combined with dizziness and nausea. But the room didn't just stop. Oh no, that would be too easy.

The room was moving so fast avoiding lamps, tables, and the bed was impossible. I tripped on an object, sending me tumbling in circles among the things. Hard objects flew into me, I smacked into the wall, the bed squashed me like a bug, and to top it all off I threw up from the spinning. Which ended up getting all over my face. The smell of my own puke made me gag, but I had nothing more to throw up.

I was tossed around the room a bit longer till it stopped, apparently getting tired of treating me like a bean bag. I stood up, disheveled and disoriented, trying to pick up from down. Normally my entire world actually spinning would throw me off, but at this point each new environment is a new challenge. A new test to pass. All I could do was survive whatever scenario I was in. One bad fall and I was dead.

I wiped off the puke the best I could, realizing that now I was starving. I didn't get that much food to begin with, and I just wasted all that I got. Plus I just got the run of my life, I would kill for a drop of water.

As if by magic the door swung open, revealing an agent bringing me food and water. I played it cool while he was in the room, but when he left I dived for the tray. My hand reached for the bread but passed right through as if nothing was there. I frowned, reaching thirstily for the water. The same thing happened. You have got to be kidding me.

I cupped my hands over my mouth, not sure if anyone would hear. "This is cruel and unusual punishment!" I scream. "Oh and Wanda, when I get out of here YOU DIE FIRST!"

I tried to kick the cup of water I couldn't drink, expecting my foot to pass through. It didn't. Precious water flew across the room. I ran to the cup eagerly, hoping a drop was spared. The cup was empty. But at least the food was untouched, and if the cup is touchable now the food should be too. My hand passed through the bread again. I hate Wanda.

'Hey Wanda, you can read minds right?' I thought to myself. 'Well if you're listening I've got some words for you. I just want to start by telling you how much of an idiot you are for trusting Hydra like really, why? Out of anyone you could work for, Hydra's the most likely to kill you in your sleep. Secondly if your dumb brother is there I have a message for him-'

I didn't get to relay my message. The ground opened up from underneath me and sucked me in. I guess Wanda was listening. I landed on a lower level with a thud, sparking quick pain in my body. I sat up to assess the new situation. Suddenly I was eye to eye with... me. I stood up curiously to get a better view. The other me stood up as well. I took a step forward and she mimicked my movements. Everything I did she did. It was almost as if...

I face-palmed when I realized my stupidity. I tapped "myself" right on the nose, but instead of warm skin it was slick cool glass I felt. I was looking at my reflection. I looked around, the entire room was made of glass. There were images of me everywhere looking where I looked, seeing what I saw.