Chapter 28 Rescue Plans

Bruce's POV
I looked around at the four of us left at the tower. Nine days. It's been nine days since we last saw Amanda or Steve. Tony and Peter... Also nowhere to be found. When they went out to settle their differences I didn't think something like this would happen. And of course Thor got tired of waiting and went off to find Amanda on his own. I'm pretty sure that guy's motto is 'you puny humans suck I'll do it myself.' "Jarvis, are you absolutely sure you tried everything?"

"Yes Dr. Banner. There is no way I can track the suits, they must be very damaged. Our only hope is the facial recognition scan."

"Don't you think it's weird both of the suits trackers aren't working?" Sam put in.

Clint tilted his head. "You think someone sabotaged their trackers?"

I agreed with Sam. "It would explain why Tony hasn't tried to contact us."

Natasha didn't seem convinced. "So someone just strolled in and took out both suits of armor? That'd be impressive."

"Somebody must've done it. What else could it be?" I rationalize.

"Do you think it could've been this John guy you were talking about?" Sam asked.

"No, he made it very clear that the person he wanted was Amanda. Not us." Clint answered, deep in thought.

"If he wanted Amanda why did he take Steve?" Sam argued. "I'm just saying why not take Tony. Nothing's holding him back. I'd say if opportunity knocks Hydra will take it without a second thought."

"I'm not sure why he took Steve. Could've been a lot of things. Maybe he was pressed for time and took Steve along. Thing is, whoever did this had to be someone else." Clint theorized.

"Who?" I asked anxiously, thinking he had someone in mind. I really just want everything to go back to normal. To think all of this started when we tried to find the tesseract. Which we did, but everything went downhill from there.

Clint looked up at me. "I don't know who. But when I find out I'd hate to be him."
* * *
Tony's POV
I tried to wipe a bead of sweat off of my forehead for about the thousandth time in the past few days. Only to remember I was still stuck in my suit. With no electricity. This suit gets really heavy when you don't have any electricity running the hydraulics. "Normally I wouldn't complain spending a week on an island in the Bahamas, but being stuck in a suit with Pocahontas's crew surrounding me isn't all it's cracked up to be." I said, referring to Groot and Rocket.

"Who is this Pocahontas? Are they a powerful leader of a devastating crew? Shall I go and contend with them?" Drax growled.

"For the last time, he's not being serious!" Rocket snapped as he continued to try to break through my armor with a mixture of his claws and anything he could find on the island. Rocks, sticks, seashells, you name it he's tried it. The only thing the raccoon managed to pry off was the face plate. He threw the coconut he was using on the ground in frustration. "If I had some tools I could break through your little trash can with ease. Or if you would let me shoot you a few times... That would pop your metal can right open."

"Yeah, along with my internal organs."

"I don't see how that's a problem." Rocket sneered.

"I think we are missing the point here, we need to get off of this island. It isn't that big and our resources won't last forever." Gamora pointed out.

"If I had a way off this island why would I still be here?" Rocket hissed. "So unless anyone has a better plan, I'm going to take apart this suit so we can use the scraps to make something useful."