Chapter 18 Finally

Tony's POV
I came back into the lab after lunch, like I have been doing ever since we started tracking the tesseract. 'Yesterday went better than I expected, after she tried to kill me for experimenting on her she really loosened up and accepted it.' The lab was the one place kept untouched from burn marks in the entire tower because I wouldn't let Amanda come in. I quickly glanced at the tracker and have come pretty used to the searching screen. Which is why when I saw the screen was different I had to do a double take. "Oh my, did it..." I ran my hands through my hair. For some reason I couldn't grasp the concept that we actually found it, that we could finally do something. To be honest it was getting really boring around here until Amanda started bursting into flames. "Jarvis, is this for real? Am I hallucinating? Please tell me I'm not crazy."

"Yes sir, it seems that you have found it." Jarvis' voice rang throughout the lab. "Should I alert the others?"

"No, I think I'll do it myself."
* * *
Clint's POV
"Focus Blue." I edged.

"I'm focusing!" Amanda growled. "It's not working!" She angrily sat down, then her upper body exploded into flames. She threw her hands up in exasperation. "Seriously? It's like its mocking me."

We were in the indoor practice arena, for the sake of saving the grass, and I was trying to help Amanda learn to control her new powers. "Get back up, and throw a fireball at the target." I command.

She groaned as she stood up. "Why did I ask you to help me?"

"Just focus on hitting the target, simple." I say.

"I'm gonna focus on hitting your face if you tell me to focus one more time." Amanda hissed.

I folded my arms. "Ok then, CONCENTRATE." I say. She pointed a finger at me in anger and her whole right hand lit up in flames. "Ok good, good. Now just keep the fire there." I encourage.

"Ok, now what?"

"Now throw it I guess." I shrug. She moved her arm in a throwing motion, but the fire stayed on her hand.

"Come on!" She groaned, rapidly moving her hand back and forth.

"It's not that hard Blue," I begin, slowly backing away. I had a plan, and I really hoped it worked. "Just... FOCUS."

I could see a fire in her eyes as I said those words. Amanda angrily threw her arm forward one last time, and this time some fire left her hand and connected with the target. She didn't even realize this until she was inches from throwing me across the room. "Wow, I did it!" She exclaimed, taking her fingers off my collar. "It took me months to master my other powers, well I haven't exactly 'mastered' this one but it's a good step forward!"

I smiled. "I'm just glad it worked."

"What worked." Amanda asked suspiciously.

"Well you've thrown a ball of fire once before, when you first saw Tony after figuring out what he did."

Understanding came into her green eyes. "You thought if you were an annoying little brat I'd be so mad that I would throw it out of anger."

"Pretty much." I admitted. Amanda rested her hand on the metal wall of the practice room. "Hey, what is this? There is no resting here. Let's practice putting the fire out yourself when you burst into flames."

Amanda sighed and took her hand off of the wall. I jumped back in surprise to find that her handprint was melted into the wall. Amanda tilted her head. "What?" She questioned. I pointed to the wall. "Oh..."

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"I don't know, my skin keeps heating up every once in a while and melts everything I touch. I've already melted four of Tony's metal forks."