Chapter 37 Lost at Sea

Sam's POV
Water. That's the only thing I could see for miles. Deep blue green waves gently swishing back and forth in the ocean. No boat. No Steve. I don't even know why we are doing this, the odds of us finding them in this ocean are slim to none. We'd have better luck if we just waited for them to hit the shore somewhere. But that could take forever, and I need to see Steve now. I was still rehearsing my conversation in my head, predicting how it might go down.

'Hey Steve, I found him. Bucky.'
'Really? Where is he?'
'He got away, he didn't exactly want to talk when I got to him. He made that very clear.'
'But at least we know he's ok.'
'Not exactly. Hydra got him. I nearly escaped with my life. And I found out some things about his past. If Tony ever finds out he'll lock up Bucky for sure, you know how he is. If you try to defend him who knows what Tony'll do. Make one excuse for Bucky then everyone else will think they can get away with things like that. Knowing Tony he'll start a war over it.'

I sighed. Then I heard Clint's voice. "This is going nowhere fast. As soon as we get to land let's just start patrolling the shores, and check the news for anything Captain America, if he lands the news people will swarm to him like flies."

"Sounds good." I say.

Peter spoke up. "So after this whole thing is solved, we'll just go our separate ways? I'll take my ship..." He sat up in alarm. "My ship. My precious baby. Where is it? Last I saw it we were in that cold place..."

"Alaska." Bruce interrupted.

Peter continued. "Then we were captured, then I haven't seen it since. Was it at the base? I didn't see it at the base." He started breathing quickly. "What did they do to it? Did they destroy it? WHERE IS IT!?!"

"Hey bro, chill. Ok?" I say. "We'll get it back, it's just a ship."

"Just a... Just a..." He ran his hands through his hair. "Did you hear him? Just a ship... That thing is my life, and it's got important things in there. You better get it back or I'll-"

"Yeah, whatever. Just take it down a notch." I returned my view to the sea below. 'Where are you Steve?'
*                                *                               *
Steve's POV
It had been a few hours until Koda suggested I go check on Amanda, I think he was still trying to process everything. While I went down he stayed up top and watched out for trouble. We did steal a Hydra boat after all, that kind of thing can't go unnoticed for long.

I opened the door to the room Amanda was in. My spirits sank when I saw Bucky again, same position as he was when I left him. As opposed to Amanda, who was not in the same position I left her. I don't know how I could tell, it was like a sixth sense. "I thought I told you to stay put."

She put her hands in the air. "What? How would you know if I..."

I picked up a can of empty peaches. "How else could you get these?"

"I have methods."

I roll my eyes. Then I realize something. "How did you get back up with both of your legs injured?"

"Upper body strength?" She answered hopefully. When I gave her a disapproving gaze she changed her answer. "Bucky helped me." She nodded toward the cage.