two; torches and flames

CHAPTER TWO  →  TORCHES AND FLAMES

After Emma's very uncomfortable conversation with her parents, the next stop was Gold's shop. For some reason, Sage felt the urge to call everybody by their real name. She couldn't just call everybody by their fake names, it didn't feel right; to say David, or Gold, or Mary Margaret. It felt odd and unusual but maybe it was just because she now remembered her real life and wanted to get back to it.

Or, maybe she didn't even know what she truly wants anymore.

When Emma, her parents, and Sage all busted into the shop, Rumple was pouring tea from a kettle into a cup, looking as calm as ever. He looked as if he was innocent, like he didn't do anything wrong. "What can I do for you?" Rumple asked, shutting the kettle top while looking at the two angry women in front of him.

"What you can do is tell us what you did." Emma snared, gripping onto the two edges of the counter.

"I'm sorry. You're going to have to be more specific." The man retorted, causing everyone to roll their eyes in irritation. They didn't have time to play games with Rumple, especially now that all of the townspeople were on edge.

Sage scoffed, narrowing her eyes. "You know damn well what we're talking about. You double-crossed me and Emma, you took our potion from us-"

"And did who knows what to this town." Charming added.

"And, worst of all, you risked Henry's life." Emma finished, her voice dangerously low as she remembered the horrifying experience of thinking she had lost her son. This was Rumple's doing; one way or another. It always seems to be his doing.

"Well, that is quite a litany of grievances now, isn't it?" Rumple blinked, not showing an ounce of emotion on his face but then again, he never does. At least back in the Enchanted Forest, he had a smile on his face. A really creepy smile but a smile none the less.

Emma cocked her head to the side. "Maybe I don't need answers. Maybe, I just need to punch you in the face."

Rumple rose his eyebrows and chuckle dryly. "Really, dearie?" He continued speaking while walking around the counter, now standing in front of his furious audience. "Allow me to answer your questions with some of my own, alright? Did your dear boy Henry survive?

"Yeah."

"Is the curse broken? And let's see. Uh, Miss Swan, how long have you been searching for your parents?" Rumple snarled, using his wicked ways as a means to get some gratitude, to try and make him look like the good guy. Sage wasn't buying it. "Looks like you're reunited. Seems like, rather then a punch in the face, I deserve a thank you."

"Twist my words all you want." Emma defended before Sage stepped in again, taking a step closer to both the Savior and Rumple. "What was the purple haze that you brought?"

He looked at her, waving his index finger towards the ceiling. "You know...magic."

Snow shifted on her feet, worry pulsating through her veins. "Why?"

"Not telling." Rumple remarked.

Before anyone could say anything else, the whole shop and ground shook, almost like an earthquake. Everyone grabbed onto something, steadying themselves while looking around cautiously. The quake only lasted a second or two but telling from the car alarm, wind, and gleaming lights coming from outside, Sage knew that the small shake of the town was leading to something bigger.