ten; mercy

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ 

CHAPTER TEN; MERCY 

"You summoned me, your majesty?" Sage said in a rather bored tone, rolling her eyes as two dark knights escorted her into the Queen's chamber. When Regina had personally sent two of her best knights to fetch Sage from Wonderland, she knew she was in trouble. The Queen would only want something from Sage if and only if, the thief happened to be in the Enchanted Forest.

Regina turned on her heel with a wicked smile, "Sage, darling, how lovely to see you."

"Hm, I would lie and say it's nice to see you too, but honest is the best policy." She grumbled, letting her eyes examine Regina and her luxurious outfit. The whole castle was polished with darkness, but the Queen's outfits almost reflected her crave for power. A dark blue dress had clung to the Queen's body, draping down onto the floor while various jewels hung from her ears and neck.

In return to the thief's negative tone, Regina flicked her hand at the door as a gesture for her knights to leave. Once the hounding knights left, it was just the Queen and Sage. Regina causally walked a b-line across the room to her dresser, pouring both herself and Sage a glass of red wine. "I have a job for you."

Sage rose an eyebrow, puzzled. "A job? For me? No offense Regina, but I've never exactly been interested in your jobs considering most of them involve skinning people and capturing munchkins."

"But you'll do Rumple's bidding?" Regina retorted in defense.

"Rumpelstiltskin asks that I steal things, not slaughter villages." She crossed her arms, pursing her lips in a sarcastic manner, "Do you see the difference?"

The Queen repressed an annoyed groan and elegantly cupped the two glasses of wine, maneuvering over to the now very impatient thief. Sage had things to do, busy things that needed her attention. She didn't have time to play the merry-go round with the Evil Queen. Once Regina stood directly in front, a wide smile rose upon a her lips. "I need you to find someone."

Sage gave her a confused look, "Finding people isn't exactly my specialty, but I'll go with it. Who is it that you need me to find?"

"A women named Snow White. She's been on the run for quite some time now and I need you to find her."

"Why can't you get someone else to catch her?" Sage questioned, wondering why Regina wanted her of all people, when Sage was positive that there was other people willing to do the job even better.

"I did. Don't flatter yourself, darling, you weren't my first choice." Regina rudely snapped, causing Sage to roll her eyes. This Queen tends to make things more dramatic by the minute. "I had a huntsman hunt her down but his pathetic emotions got in the way. I need someone, someone strong, who can kill her."

"Kill her? Regina, there is a difference between finding someone and killing them." She rose her brows, trying to prove her point. "His emotions stopped him from killing an innocent girl."

"She is not innocent!" The Queen yelled, her nimble fingers gripping around the glass. Fury had suddenly filled her eyes, along with disgust. "She's wanted for murder, treason, and treachery."

Sage shook her head with slowness, narrowing her pretty little eyes. "What did she do to you that makes you feel this much hatred?"

For a split second, the anger was replaced with sadness. In all of Sage Chamberlain's time, she could never recall a time where the Evil Queen showed any type of sadness. Only once when Sage was helping her try to bring back Daniel, did the young thief see the pitiful girl beneath the royal. "She - She ruined my life and I want her dead for that."