three; mad hatter's hat

CHAPTER THREE → MAD HATTER'S HAT

It's already been, what, a day and already the people of Storybrooke were in a huge panic. Everyone was running a muck', not knowing what the hell to do or how to continue their lives which turns out, for the past twenty-eight years, has been a complete lie. So the people, actually the Nuns, created a Crisis Center where the locals could seek guidance. Whether it was food, water, or if you needed to report a missing person.

No one knew how to live their lives now and even Sage needed a tad bit of guidance.

When Sage showed up at the Crisis Center with David in the lead, they headed straight to Henry. School wasn't really active at this point so Henry got an excuse to be with everyone else. "Henry! Have you seen Blue? Uh, Mother Superior?" David asked, slightly fumbling with his words.

"No, but everyone is looking for you two." Henry said. Even though Emma's gone and this town has been flipped upside down, Sage was still the deputy and needed help when it came to managing this whole situation. Which is why she enlisted help from David who would be Sheriff until Emma returns - if she returns.

"Do we know where Rump- Mr. Gold is?"Ruby corrected herself, bouncing on her heels nervously. Sage couldn't figure out why everyone didn't call each other by their real names but then again, their fake name has been their name for a while.

Archie, followed by Marco, ran up to the two. "Wait! Does the Queen still have power?"

"I thought I would find my boy." Marco said in distress, sadness filling his eyes.

Both David and Sage ignored the questions, heading straight to Blue. While making their way over to the former fairy, Whale came out of nowhere. "Hey, let me ask you something? Are the nuns still nuns? Or can they, you know, date?"

"Uh, I don't know!" David mumbled, his attention focused somewhere besides Whale's pathetic dating life. Sage couldn't believe her or Snow slept with him. "Blue!"

Once David and Sage caught up to Blue, followed by a small crowd that was following them. "Could there be a tree on this side? The way we sent Emma through as a baby. Maybe I could go after them that way."

Blue blinked rapidly, caught off-guard by this sudden ambush. "It's possible, but without fairy dust to guide us here... No, it's hopeless."

"You'll find another way." Henry said, everyone turning to the optimistic boy. "In the book, things always look worse right before there's good news."

Sage wanted to tell him this wasn't a story or a fairy-tale; this was real life. She was well aware that Henry was only ten and didn't quite understand how life worked in a sense so she kept her mouth shut. But that's when a loud and scratchy voice yelled from feet away. "Terrible news! Terrible News!"

Everyone gasped slightly at the abrupt yelling before looking over. Leroy and his six other dwarfs were rushing over to the large crowd, heading straight over to David and Sage. "We were out at the town limits. Tell them who you think you are, Sneezy."