eight; pirate's flirt

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ 

CHAPTER EIGHT; PIRATE'S FLIRT 

"I'm starting to wonder if this is a good idea." Sage mumbled to herself as her head crooked upward, staring at the enormous beanstalk that stood in front of her and extended into the storm of clouds. She had never seen a beanstalk before, let alone climb one. But life was all about new experiences, right?

Emma squinted her eyes as the sun beamed upon the six people. "It's a little freakier than I remember from the story."

"Reminds me of death." Mulan bluntly stated.

"Encouraging."

"Well, your compass awaits. Shall we?" The pirate questioned before leading the five women towards the beanstalk. From the corner of her eye, Sage could easily see the annoyance crossing over on Snow's face. She was severely annoyed with Hook but was trying to maintain it.

"Wait. If these beans create...portals, why not just pick one and go home? Why the compass?" Emma asked, her confusion raising the more she spent time in this foreign world. A million questions were roaming around in her head since the Enchanted Forest was completely abnormal and new to the girl.

"Because there aren't any more beans. Whatever story you think you know, my dear, is most certainly wrong." Hook pointed out, standing aside from the ladies.

Emma huffed. "There was a guy named Jack, and a cow, and something about evil giant with a treasure and a golden goose. ...Or harp."

Sage pinched her head back slightly, her face twisting. "Goose? What goose?"

"Sounds like a lovely tale." Hook said to the Savior, grinning sarcastically before he began to explain. "But the truth's a little bit more gruesome. The giants grew the beans, but, rather than use them for good, they used them to plunder all the lands. Jack, was a man who fought a terrible war, defeating all but one of the evil giants. The beans were destroyed by the giants as they died. If they couldn't have their magic, then nobody could. It's really very bad form."

"Evil giants, who made magic portal beans?" The blonde slowly processed in her mind, trying to make sense of this whole Giants concept. "Why doesn't anyone just go up and grow some more?"

The pirate paused. "Because one giant survived. The strongest and most terrible of them all. And we'll have to get past him to-"

"The magic compass." Snow finished for him, slightly irritated.

"Indeed. The treasure remains, and amongst it is the compass. Now it will guide us to your land." Hook stated, pointing at the three oddballs of the group. "Cora has the means to open a portal with the wardrobe ashes, but she can't find your land without the compass. Once we get it, steal the ashes from her and we're on our way."

Mulan narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "How do we know you're not just using us to get the compass for Cora?"

"Because you five are far safer company." He stated and that only made Sage more curious of this Cora. Even though Sage knew that Cora needed to be defeated, she sounded like a horrible person and that only spiked Sage's curiosity to see what she actually looks like "All I need is a ride back. I'll swear allegiance to whomever gets me there first."

Right then and there, Sage automatically knew that Hook wasn't to be trusted. She had a feeling that he wasn't leading them to a trap but his loyalties were strained. He would work for whoever if it meant he got what he wanted. "Then we'd better start climbing."