eighteen; questionable impressions

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄  

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; QUESTIONABLE IMPRESSIONS

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I hope your day has being gone well. I'm sorry this episode is taking so long to write and as a writer, it's a real pain in the ass. Neither less, here is a new chapter so please enjoy. Also, thank you for the kind comments about my foot and my exams! It's really nice of you guys to send such nice thoughts. 

"This is ridiculous!" 

Sage's loud exclamation caused people to turn their heads towards her as she and the three others furiously stormed towards Gold's Pawn Shop, determination fixed on all of heir features. But the three Charming family member were determined for a different reason, a reason that Sage didn't have. The Charming family were completely convinced that Rumpelstiltskin, also known as Mr.Gold, was responsible for Archie's death and had framed Regina for the crime. Sage fully and one-hundred percent disagrees with them. 

Emma, who walked a few feet in front of her family, whipped around on her heels and stared at the reformed thief with strong confusion, "What? Sage, please don't tell me you think other wise!"

"I do!" Sage yelled back, feeling like an ant under a microscope as the Charmings looked at like she was absolutely bonkers. "He didn't do it!"

Once again, Emma looked astonished yet angered by Sage's response. A harsh scoff left her lips, "A minute ago you said that there was no way Regina killed Archie, but all of a sudden, you're taking it back!"

"I am not taking it back! I know for a fact that Regina didn't kill Archie." The woman stopped for a moment, gulping in air and shuffling on her feet, trying to calm down all the hype that was building up in her body. Arguing in the street, when everyone was watching them like they were freaks, was not helping anyone. "None of you know him like I do! I know, Rumple! Better than he knows himself. Everything he does, he does with a motive or a reason. He has no reason for framing Regina and killing a damn therapist."

The royal couple stayed silent and shook their heads, but didn't both to hide the obvious disagreement that was shining in their eyes. As her parents continued towards Gold's shop, Emma just stared at Sage with her brows furrowed, "Why are you defending him, Sage?"

Sage sucked in a large huff of air, saying nothing as she glared at Emma and followed her friends, the blonde Savior following behind. The question still lingered in her head like a burning match. Why was she defending him? It was an interesting inquiry, one that Sage hasn't thought about in a long time. Unlike the residents of Storybrooke, Sage was able to see the man behind the beast. She was able to see good. The goodness in him was a small light that shined through his darkness, just like it did with Regina at times. Sage's motto was quiet simple; with every villain and every hero, there was a story. That story would determine every motive, every decision, every reason behind their actions. 

Most people saw the world in black-and-white, through white tinted glasses. Sage was the exact opposite. She didn't see a villain as just a villain; she saw a product of cruel circumstances. In simpler words, she was more than understanding, which was both her greatest strength and greatest weakness. For Rumpelstiltskin, she saw a shade of goodness in his heart and has been clinging onto it ever since.

Sage wasn't letting go of it any time soon.

When the three Charmings and the former thief busted into the shop with business to finish, they immediately saw Gold with Belle, who had a picnic basket placed on the wooden counter. Gold dramatically sighed, moving around the corner to face the four visitors, "Nothing warms the heart more than a family reunited. You have your mother's chin, Miss Swan.