eleven; moonlight's gleaming gaze

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ 

CHAPTER ELEVEN; MOONLIGHT'S GLEAMING GAZE 

Pursing her lips and humming to herself, Snow White gracefully walked down a dirt trail that went right down the middle of the forest. She couldn't help but admire the nature that surrounded her. Never in her life was she engulfed by this much nature, this beautiful forest that she began to call home. Of course, Snow White wished that circumstances were different, considering there was an Evil Queen (who, ironically, was her step-mother) after her, wanting revenge for what happened years ago. It all came back to Daniel, the first man Regina ever loved. One thing led to another and Daniel ended up dead at the hands of Regina's mother. For as long as Snow could remember, Regina always blamed her for it and wanted to kill her for it. But Snow White, being her usual good self, always had infinite hope that there was good in Regina and forgiveness would always be an option.

Days ago, the Queen sent a huntsman after Snow, wanting to track her down and crave out her heart. While it was quite gory of a command, the Huntsman did what he was demanded to do. But once he looked down at a frightened Snow White and read the letter she requested got to Regina, tears filled his eyes and emotion clouded whatever animal-like actions he was about to commit. So, he let Snow White go and payed the price for it. Since then, Snow White has fled into the midst of the forest, avoiding any contact with villages. The last thing she wanted was for one of Regina's dark knights to find her.

Snow White's walking was abruptly cut short once she felt a sharp metal dagger press against the front of her neck, the coldness of the metal running down her spine. She sucked in her breath, her heart rapidly thumping in her chest. Her mind raced to all the outcomes that this could lead to, all involving her death.

"Don't move." Someone hissed, the female's voice sounding strong.

Snow nervously licked her lips, her breath quivering as the dagger was pressed closer to her skin. "P-Please, don't do this-"

"Quiet." The unknown women warned. "Turn around."

The women moved the dagger away from Snow, taking a few steps back. Feeling the fear course through her veins, Snow White hesitantly turned around and stood feet away at the culprit. The female culprit looked didn't then Snow imagined. Most culprits that went after her, all sent by the Queen, had this face like they were ready for a blood-lusting battle. But this women didn't, if anything she had this lost look in her eyes. She wore a brown bell sleeved blouse with leather pants and knee-high boots. Her light ash brown hair curtained the sides of her face and her void brown eyes locked with Snow's. Despite the dagger not being pressed against her throat, the women still pointed it straight at Snow's neck.

"You're Snow White." She tilted her head to the side, examining the princess with her orbs. "I can tell from the wanted posters. Might I give you some advice and next time, not walk in plain sight where anyone could see you."

Snow White frowned, tears brimming in her eyes. "Please, you don't wanna do this."

"I don't have a choice in the matter. The Queen commanded so." Snow White felt her throat tighten up at the mention of her step mother. "Then again, you weren't exactly what I expected when it comes to a cold-blooded murderer."