twenty five; revenge at its finest

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄  

TWENTY FIVE; REVENGE AT ITS FINEST

     Walking down the streets of New York in a complete peaceful manner was a different experience than chasing down a random-nobody down busy roads. New York, being the first city Sage has ever been too, was quiet beautiful during the day and she could only imagine the magnificent view that it would possess during the black night. Now that Neal was introduced as Henry's biological father and everything was beginning to settle down, the group of five decided that perhaps going to tourist stops in downtown Manhattan would be a good idea, especially for Neal and Henry to have some bonding time. 

     Sage casually walked on Henry's right side while Neal walked on his left, the eleven year old boy comfortably strolling in between the two adults. All three of them talked and conversed with one another as if they've been family their entire lives. Henry, out of the three, was the most excited to learn more about his father. As for Emma and Gold, they were a couple of feet behind the trio, silent and not making an effort to join in on the frivolous conversation. It was probably a good thing they both kept their heads out of it considering both of them made major screw-ups as parents. 

     Despite the fact that the yelling and fighting had eased, there was still thick tension between Henry and his mother and Neal with his father. Sage was only glad her estranged parents were spontaneously in Manhattan as well, otherwise that would have been incredibly awkward. Within the trio, Henry was the one who did the most talking; he spoke about Storybrooke, his life before the curse, and how he got Emma to break it. Neal listened to every detail and whenever Henry wasn't talking, Neal would point on New York shops and restaurants. 

     Sage would make comments from here to there, but besides that, she remained silent. She wanted Henry and Neal to bond and make up for those eleven years of being apart. That and she kind of wanted to scope out Neal, to figure out who he was as a person. From Emma's point of view, he was the shitty boyfriend who left her jail, broke her heart, and never came back for her. That may be true, but just, because he was a terrible boyfriend doesn't automatically mean he's a terrible person, or a terrible father for that matter. If there was one thing Sage was good at, it was figure out who a person was just by observing their actions and their motives. 

      Neal glanced between the two, "So, you two like pizza?"

     Henry eagerly jumped the gun, before him or his brunette sister could answer, "Yeah. Let me guess – you're going to tell us the best pizza's in New York, and we got to try it, right?"

     "Actually, it's in the Kingdom of Damarian on the north shore of the Dragon Fields of Zorn." Both Henry and Sage stared at him blankly. It wasn't until a grin broke out on Neal's face that the pair realized that the man was pulling their legs. "Nah, it's in New York. Here, let's get some slices."

     The three walked into the restaurant with smiles on their lips and amused gleams in their eyes. Sage peeked behind her shoulder and noticed that Emma and Gold lingered behind, not even bothering to come inside. Neal and Sage sat across from each other at a small table, while Henry stood there, bouncing on the heels of his feet, "Can I order us the food?"

     "Sure thing, kid." answered his father, who reached into his back pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill. "Get me pepperoni."