CHAPTER 28 | Starting Over

//Ava's POV\\

"Send me your address. I-I'll be there in a few."

I put my phone down on the table.

"You're going over there?" Ryan asks.

"I have to, I'm sorry. But if Nash is telling the truth, I really need to see Cam," I tell Ry.

"I understand," Ryan replies. "We can catch up some other time."

I give her a hug. "Thank you. I'll see you later, ok?"

She smiles and nods.

<>

"He's in the living room," Nash tells me.

I walk into the living room seeing Cam cuddled up to Jaxx on the couch watching TV.

It was some RomCom. What the heck he never watched romantic comedies. There is definitely something wrong with him.

Jaxx shoots up from Cam's grasp and runs over to me.

I kneel down. "Hey, boy!" I say, Jaxx pawing my legs.

I look up to Cam shadowing over me.

You know how I said there was something wrong with him? He looked terrible. I thought he looked bad earlier but he looked even worse now.

I stand up. "Cam, what happened to you?" My heart breaks seeing him like this.

He opens his mouth but no words come out. He's about to cry.

I run over to him and wrap my arms around him.

He wraps his arms around my waist and begins to sob and shake.

"Why did you do this to yourself?" I ask, crying as well.

"Y-you left," he chokes out.

"I did this?" I whisper. "C-Cam, I-I-Why?"

"We used to be together all time. Not everyday but at least when I wasn't with you I knew that you were happy. A-and now I know that you hate me and don't ever want to see me. Like all those years of our friendship went to waste," Cam whispers. "It killed me to think that you didn't love me anymore when you're the person I love most."

I looked up into his tear filled eyes. "I know I said sorry was a stupid word that didn't mean anything, but I'm so sorry for everything. And I really mean it. I don't ever want to see you like this. I'm sorry."

I buried my head in the crook of his neck, just taking in his presence.

"I missed you," Cam says again. "I missed being with you. I missed everything about you."

"I missed you too," I say softly. "I felt like nothing was ever going to be the same between us again."

"Yes, it will. We can do it," Cam says.

I smile. "Let's start over."

He smiles back. I have a feeling he hasn't shown that smile in a long time.

"Ava, will you be my best friend again?" Cam asks, pulling away and taking both of my hands in his, staring me in he eye.

"Of course." I grin.

___________________
I apologize for the short chapter, but hey, I started to update daily.
ALSO, CAN YOU GUYS CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY BREATHE AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK?? THAT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH TO ME IF YOU DID. THANKS :).