Chapter 30: Emotional

I was in Cam and Nash's kitchen with the Nashty boy himself, making pancakes as Nash made hot cocoa.

"Where's Cam?" I ask. "It's already like noon. He's usually up by now."

Nash shrugs and hands me a cup of cocoa.

I thank him.

Where is Cameron.

I set my cup down and walk upstairs to his room.

I hear crying. From the bathroom.

I put my ear up to the door to listen and I hear sobs.

I turn the door handle but it's locked.

My heart picks up pace. "C-Cam?" I ask. "Are you ok?"

If he harmed himself in any way...

"A-Ava, is th-that you?" Cam's voice cracks.

"Yes, Cam. Can you open the door please?" I ask softly.

Moments later, the door opens up to Cam who has tears running down his face.

"Cam, what's wrong?" I ask, rushing over and hugging him.

He continues to sob.

"Why do they hate me?" Cam asks.

"Who, baby?" I ask. No, not that kind of baby. Like, not baby, I love you.

He hands me his phone. Twitter is opened up to a bunch of nasty tweets.

"No no, Cam. All of these are lies," I say. "They're just stupid people. Cameron, they don't even know you! Don't let them control you."

I look at the tweets. Most of them are about me. They're calling Cam stupid for liking me?! Woowwwww.

"They like you, Cam. They hate me, not you," I say softly, looking down. "You're losing fans because of me."

Cam wipes his tears and lifts my chin up, forcing me to make eye contact with him. He holds one of my hands. "I don't care about losing fans, but I do care about losing you."

"You have everything because of your fans, Cam. What have I done for you?" I ask.

"You're my everything, Ava. You've been so supportive for me, you help me with all the hate, you buy me food," Cam says.

I laugh and shake my head. "I only buy you food because I love you."

"You love me?" Cam asks. There's some sort of hope in his voice.

"Of course I do," I reply. "I've loved you since we were in kindergarten and I love you even more now. Nothing is ever going to change that."

Cam frowns. "But if you love me, then why won't you let me be with you?" Even without sight or hearing, you could sense the hurt in his voice.

I sigh and look down. "Look Cam, there are so many girls out there. You never know who you're going to meet. You're going to end up meeting the love of your life, and I'm going to be the one holding you back from being with her."

"You are holding me back," he says.

"See," I say. "It's best if we would just stay-"

"You didn't let me finish," he says. "You're holding me back from you. All I want is to be able to call you mine again. But you won't let me." He starts to tear up again.

He's been such an emotional wreck lately.

I wrap my arms around him and sigh into his shoulder. "Just give it some time, Cameron. If you still want to be with me, you can."