CHAPTER 2

Cam, being an idiot and all, decides he should try the swings in our backyard that are like fifteen years old. The huge oak tree is shedding its practically-dead leaves. I love winter.

I sit on the other swing next to Cam. He pulls out his phone. He's still using that dolphin case I got him. And he calls ME Weirdo. I mean, I like that nickname, because it's coming from Cam, but I hate it when other people call me that.

The wind makes all my caramel colored hair come down on my face. I comb it back with my fingers.

"Cam?" I say.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"I know this is a stupid question, but do you have a hair tie on you?" I ask.

"That IS a stupid question! And no, I don't have any hair ties. Why do you wanna tie up your hair? It looks fine to me."

I'm confused. My hair has looked way better before and he's just telling me now that it looks fine. When it's ugly as hell.

"Well, it's bothering me," I say.

"It's not bothering me," Cam shrugs.

"Are you the one with like a foot and a half of hair?" I ask.

"Yes," Cam replies, flipping his nonexistent hair over his shoulder.

I laugh softly. I stare into his eyes. The sunset makes them a hazel-ish color.

"What're you looking at?" He smirks.

"Your eyes," I reply.

"You've never said THAT before," Cam chuckles.

I smile. "I know, that's because your eyes are usually the color of crap."

He kicks me. "That goes for you too, Weirdo."

I laugh again. "No it doesn't! My eyes are the color of golden brown waffles!" I say.

Cam laughs at my description. "Waffles? That's very descriptive, Ava."

"Hey!" I exclaim. "You actually called me by my actual name! Well, shortened name, but, you still called me by my name!"

"No I didn't. I said WEIRDO," Cam covers.

"NO, YOU DIDN'T."

"YES, YES I DID."

We laugh together.

Even though we're outside, we're both on our phones, running through social media.

"AVA! CAMERON!" I hear Mom yell through the patio door.

"WHAT?!" I yell back.

"I'M DONE WITH THE BROWNIES, YOU WANT SOME?!"

Cam's already walking toward the house. "Yes."

I run after him.

~~~

"Good job, Mrs. D," Cami says with a mouthful of brownie.

"Thank you, Cameron," she smiles sweetly at him. She glares at me. "See, Ava, SOME people appreciate my baking skills."

I give her my bruh face. "Since when I have I said that you WEREN'T good at baking?! That's Avery you're thinking of!"

"Oh yeah!" My mom says.

I face palm myself and roll my eyes.

Cam laughs.

"Let's go to my room," I suggest.

Cam instantly crashes onto my bed. I fall next to him.

He laughs to himself. "Selfie time."

I scoot closer to him and snuggle my head onto his shoulder for the pic. He posts it with, 'hanging with @avalongrace...like always'

We're on our phones, again. I realize that I'm still right next to him, my head on his shoulder. He hasn't even shoved me away, yet. It's still surprising though. He does something else that surprises me even more, he turns his head and kisses my cheek. I'm so glad it's kinda dark, because I'm blushing like crazy. My entire body feels warm. I smile to myself, enjoying this moment.

"You know what we should do?" Cam asks.

"What?" I ask.

"We should do that 'Ask Camvalon' thing everyone's been spamming us about," Cam answers.

I sit up. "Right now?"

Cam nods like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Alright then, bae," I reply.

_________________
LOLOLOL I REWROTE THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!

IT DOESN'T SUCK ASS LIKE IT USED TO! :)))