Chapter Ten *REVISED*

Chapter Ten

Van stuffed his phone into his pocket after firing a message with his address off to Hazel, muttering to himself. He was in the wrong, he wanted to apologize but Hazel was making it impossible to do so. He opened his car door and stepped out, closing it and walking around the front to enter the café.

"What are you doing here?" Zash questioned as soon as Van sat down. "Aren't you supposed to be with your fiancée?"

Van settled back, grumbling to himself, "Fiancée my butt."

He raised his hand, hoping to get the attention of the waitress. When she nodded at him, he looked back to Zash begrudgingly replying, "My so called fiancée ran off."

Zash burst out laughing and sat up, taking a sip from his coffee, "She did what?" he took a moment to let his laughter settle down before continuing. "Did she run away in the night?"

"Sure, laugh it up."

Zash's face crinkled with glee, "Seriously, were you that bad? Couldn't get it up?"

"Dude!" Van growled quietly, looking around at the tables near them. He was tempted to throw Zash coffee over his blond head.

Still unable to breathe or wipe the mischievous grin off his face, the blond relented, "Fine, fine. I'll shut up. Tell me what happened."

Shaking his head and wondering why he was even telling Zash this, Van goth started talking, "She ran off this morning. The minx stormed out after hearing the conditions our fathers made. She looked as if she was gonna' pass out when she heard that they expect us to have children. The woman thinks having sex with me is the equivalent of judgment day."

Van's disclosure only increased the volume of laughter from his best friend, "Wait. Wait. Didn't you carry out the 'show her who's boss' mission last night; my gloriously stupid idea?"

Van scoffed and sat back, scowling, "The biggest prude on earth, that one is."

Another round of laughter came from Zash, causing the persons seated near them to look over. He was clearly enjoying Van's demise. Zash was practically doubled over the table the separated them, his hands pounding softly on it.

Van goth found himself about to roll his eyes and stopped the action in its tracks.

Great. Now I'm picking up her habits, He thought.

"Why are you even here?" Van goth questioned, glancing around the café. "You've been coming here a lot lately."

Zash immediately straightened, his face flushed from laughing. "No reason." He responded right away.

Van eyed him suspiciously, "Your're lying. Why are you lying?"

Grinning, Van leaned closer, "I should have realized...Who are you stalking?"

Zash, always ridiculously horrible at lying avoided Van's blue eyes and looked down at his coffee, spluttering, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh wait, it's her isn't it?"

Van nodded in the direction of the service counter, where the waitress he had signaled was watching their table apprehensively. Van mumbled, "Why are you stalking her."

Giving up on his charade of innocence, Zash grinned and leaned back looking very proud. Lacing his fingers together, he answered, "Stalking is such a strong word. I prefer to call it... Selective watching."

Cringing, Van muttered, "They should get you off the streets."

But it was Van's turn to laugh, "Oh, how have the tables turned. I swear, you're going to get yourself into trouble." He looked back at the brunette, "The poor thing doesn't even want to come over and take my order."

Zash shrugged, downplaying his reaction. However Van knew he was thinking about it seriously. Perhaps, Van wrinkled his nose in thought, his best friend of nine years was finally settling down.

Throughout the time since they met and long before that, Zash had always been from one girl to the next. His friend blew through one train wreck of a relationship after another. It was as if he was speed dating in real life. Not that Van himself was any better. Van had had more than his fair share of casual relationships but he had tried to get serious with the few ladies that had piqued his interests. Those relationships just never worked out. And now, instead of trying to find a woman he could love, he was being forced to make the devil's spawn happy so he could keep the company he built his life around.

His mood soured at the thought.

"Cheer up ole' pal," Zash muttered, forcing what was left of his British accent to ring in his voice, "We'll crack your sweet in no time."

Van raised an eyebrow, cringing, "Never say that again... That is simply... wrong."

"What's wrong with the way I talk?" Zash forced his voice higher, mimicking their very peculiar and very perplexing colleague who seemed to have a knack for locating Van like a GPS tracker.

The waitress that had been staring at them was suddenly standing by the table, looking red and flustered. Her eyes were roaming everywhere but at Zash, obviously embarrassed for him. Zash was just as red in the face as she was.

Van grinned at Zash and the waitress's discomfort. Resolved not to come across as smug, Van made an effort to cover his amusement with his hand over his mouth.

"Sorry for the wait...I-I-I'm China and I'll be your server today. C-can I get your order?" she squeaked in Van's direction.

"I'll have a coffee, black. Zash here would like to have your number."

The girl's eyes widened as she looked at Van like he was speaking gibberish.

"I give you my word that he's not a bad guy." Van continued, finally laughing. "He's just a bit eccentric. It will grow on you."

The girl licked her lips and nodded before walking away. Zash, who had been stuck in a loop of looking back and forth between the two, glared at Van.

"Why, in hell, did you do that?" he sat back, folding his arms, "I don't need a wingman."

"Since you don't have her number already you obviously do." Van snickered.

Huffing, the blond replied, "Not having her number was fine by me. Now she'll expect me to call her."

Van narrowed his eyes smugly, "If I'm forced into a relationship, you're going down with me."

*****FORCED*****

That last line tho ^_^ 

Very very short introduction to China.

This chapter has so much more potential *face-palm*

Thanks for reading!!

Love,