Eighteen

Eighteen

Van goth Steel ducked out of the rain, his mind still cloudy with what happened in the morning. For the life of him, he couldn't wrap his head around the way Hazel acted. One minute she is as meek as a mouse then the next, she is ripping his head off like a ferocious lion. Shaking his head, he went up to the bar and sang down into a chair beside Zash who was talking to China, the brunette he had been stalking the week before Van's wedding.

"What are you doing here?" Zash asked, tucking China under his arm.

She gave Van a shy smile and blushed as Zash began kissing her neck.

For the briefest moment, Van considered using her.

He shook away that thought as he tossed back a beer.

"I need a skank who will please me." he stated darkly, taking another swig.

Zash frowned at his best friend, knowing full well that Van wasn't the type that cheated; he just didn't.

"Why? I thought you said you guys had sex."

Van glared at him, scoffing,"Two ***king weeks ago. Then this morning, I try talking to her and she blows up in my ***king face."

Van felt his anger returning, knowing that it was either he sooth his ache, or throttle Hazel when he got home.

Home? That is more like he'll, he thought,

"Chill out dude. Have a few beers. I'll drive you back later. Then tomorrow, you and Hazel can have a talk."

China smiled,"Yes. Hazel might have said some things, but I'm sure she wouldn't want you to cheat. Couples argue."

Van rolled his eyes, feeling his anger rising, and in his near drunken state, he turns to her,"Hazel and I aren't a couple. I have never met her before the month prior to the wedding. Our fathers got us married. She doesn't want me."

China's eyes bulge at the revelation while Van smirked, scanning the room for a girl with not enough clothing on.

He spotted one in a corner then turned back to Zash,"I'm going to the bathroom."

Once he was sure Zash wasn't watching, Van pulled the girl, clearly out of it, into a corner where he slammed his mouth against hers. She giggled, reciprocating the action. Van noted, somewhere in his haze of hormones and impending need, that the girl's lips tasted bitter, like beer; nothing like Hazel's. Self-consciously, he thanked Devine Providence for that, continuing his onslaught.

Minutes later, he was practically dry humping the historical girl, who, as disgusting as it was to Van, kept sucking at his ear.

"You bastard!" the yell was accompanied by a hand, grabbing him away from his pain reliever, and then another connecting with jaw.
Zash glared down at his friend while a bouncer yelled profanities at him.

"Oh god! It's okay. They're friends. Van." China squeaked out, bending to check Van's cheek.

Zash paced the hall way, sending viscous glares at Van, who hanged his head, staring at his hand.

The only thing that was going through his brain was his promise to his mother and how pale Hazel had looked before she left.

Gulping, he spoke,"Zash, c-can you take me home? I need to- I don't know, at least cuddle with Hazel."

Zash grumbled but turned towards the exit. China helped Van up guiding him to the exit too.

§

It was way pass nine when Van got home. Zash gave him a deadly serious warning Van hadn't known he was capable of then speed off with China. Taking a deep breath, he rode the elevator to his floor, then opened the door.

Van was greeted by complete silence. He went into the kitchen where he found food waiting for him, then to the bedroom where Hazel laid stiffly. Her eyes were wide open but she didn't respond to his presence.

However, Van let it go, for he thought himself in no position to talk to her about conduct.

After taking a long shower, he returned to the room and slid into the bed beside her. He distinctly heard her breath catch but she remained stiff, staring at the wall.

,,,,,,,,,