A New Job

Melissa's POV

   I walked around my room trying to make time slow down before my first day of working at a nearby amusement park.  I brushed my long brown hair and braided it into a fishtail, then repeating the same step three more times. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and let all the negative thoughts go un-filtered through my head.

What if you die?

You could get skin cancer if you don't put enough sunscreen on.

What if some kid goes down a water slide and sits up too early and cracks their head open?

Is it possible for somebody to get stuck in the wet, enclosed capsule of death also known as a water slide?

I'm going to have such a blast saving little kids from drowning in three feet of water. 

  I can't imagine the fun I'll have when someone poops in the pool.

   Oh, and how could I forget, the impatient three-year-olds who either REALLY have to pee or who are tired of standing in a line. 

   As the first few customers filed into the park, I trudged up the steps to a ride that was most likely the tallest one there. Another highlight; baking under the sun until you're as burnt as they get.  I internally groaned at the sight of my co-worker, he looked too cocky and arrogant,like he was too good for the place. Maybe he's afraid that the chlorinated water would dry out his skin, or the germs from other human beings would infect him. He could be scared that he would have to touch one of the rafts. His worst nightmare was probably having to make conversation with the strangers, much less make eye contact. I slid a pair of sunglasses over my brown eyes, and stared at the calm ocean. My day was going to be anything but calm, I was sure of it.