Are you...?

Melissa's POV

   As I began to pull rafts from the conveyor belt, I realized the park was getting busy and the air was filled with chatter. Everyone was moving in a giant crowd towards the ride where I was working. I know that I'll get a few customers who will be rude but I guess I better get used to this.  

"OMG!!! Is that HIM? YES THAT IS HIM, OH AND LOOK THEY'RE ALL THERE!!!!" A squealing girl said -way to excitedly-. Who is she obsessing over? A group of cute guys? It can't be, she's way too excited. I heard a whole round of screams, causing me to wince and cover my ears with my hands. I found it hard to concentrate on my job... good thing I have someone else working with me, though he's not really working, more or less he's pushing me around like I'm his slave.

  A group of 5 stepped forward all wearing really dark sunglasses and black t-shirts complete with swimshorts. I felt as if I'd seen them before. One had caramel brown hair and he said as I pulled them their raft "Thank you very much!" He said this with a very deep voice as if he was trying to hide something. I just smiled and helped get them situated 

The boys all spiraled around inside the dark tunnel and I soon  heard laughter. I just shook my head. As they came to an opening on the ride, I saw there were only 4 boys in the raft, one missing. It was the caramel-haired one. Oh no. If that boy didn't do the right thing at the right time, he'd be in trouble

  I jumped in a raft and paddled hard through the dark tunnel hoping to catch up to them. I heard a scream and knew I was close to him. I shouted and heard a trembling reply. "Hold on I'm coming to save you... keep calm!" I caught up to him and dragged him onto my raft, both of us breathless. "Thank you so much," He said with a thick British accent. I made sure he was alright and escorted him to his friends. I looked at him, knowing I'd seen that face somewhere, but I couldn't think of his name. He had his sunglasses off and realized what I was thinking.

"Uh... hi. I'm Liam Payne," he said hesitantly. I stared at him.

  "You.. what? You're....how? Oh my gosh why would you DO SOMETHING SO STUPID? ARE YOU INSANE? YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN JUST SLIP OUT OF THAT RAFT AND HOP BACK IN? YOU'RE CRAZY! YOU COULD HAVE DIED! YOU SIT UP FOR ONE MOMENT AND BOOM! YOUR HEAD IS SPLIT OPEN," I fumed angrily. My outburst was taken seriously by Liam but the other boys with him laughed so hard they cried. I huffed and rolled my eyes.  

  "I-I-I'm so sorry... I just... I just WOW," Liam said with his eyes full of hurt.  

"Just please don't do this again, you know what could have happened."  

He nodded and asked of he could take me to lunch, I suppose as an apology.

"I would if I could but I'm working," I said, though I would do anything to get away from my co-worker.

"Just tell your boss that you have a family emergency or something," Liam pleaded. 

"Okay." 

"Oh,and your name?" 

"Melissa." 

Just ten minutes later we were sitting down in a fun downtown resturaunt, something not too fancy, but just that kind of a fun look to it. It was a pizza parlor that included a game room, perfect for my childish personality. 

"So what kind of pizza do you want? They have Hawaiian, bacon n' cheese, dessert pizza-" 

"Dessert pizza," I explained before Liam could even finish.

"Okay that'll be two dessert pizzas please," "Liam asked politley.  

"So while we wait why don't we play in the arcade?" Liam questioned.

"Yesssssssss," I squealed like a little girl, but Liam didn't seem to mind.

I grabbed his hand and raced to the arcade.  

"So what game-"  

"Ooooooooo! I want the skateboard," I said with demand and pointed to a game called "The Winner's Choice."

Liam slipped in the money and started playing. I have to admit, he was pretty good.

We had been trying for the blue and purple skateboard for practically 20 minutes and I was certain that he had spent 20 dollars on the game. Liam was pretty certain that he was going to win this time. 

"YESSSSSS!!!!!! VICTORY!!! OH YEAH!!!" Liam screamed at the top of his lungs as the skateboard came through the prize door. 

He and I did a victory dance for twenty seconds until we noticed that people were not only waiting to play games but also STARING as if we were aliens. 

*LATER* 

We had already plowed through two whole pizzas and had decided to walk to a cute bakery down the street. 

"You know you're the best, right," I asked him. 

"I think I may have  heard that before." Liam smirked.

After ice cream he drove me home.  As much as I hoped that I would see him again, I was positive that this encounter was a one time thing.

°°°°°°°° 

A/N 

Hey guys!// hope you like it!!