alone

After the teenage boy had stormed out, Lydia made a call and in less than ten minutes Scott and Stiles had burst through the front doors of the clinic. Rosie was sat in the waiting room, struggling to read an animal care magazine she had found on a coffee table when they rushed in.

"Where are they?" Scott asked slightly out of breath with a wheezing Stiles in tow.

Shocked by their appearance, Rosie blinked. "In the back." She answered and watched as they rushed to the back where Lydia was helping an injured Deaton.

Rosie knew it was wrong to eavesdrop but she couldn't help it, she was worried. It really wasn't her business, but she knew something was wrong with the teenage boy who had rushed out, so with her super hearing ability the small cat girl tuned into their conversation.

"I don't think he's just younger in the body." Rosie heard Deaton say. "I think he's younger in his mind too."

"He didn't recognize either of us, and it looked like he was scared out of his mind." Lydia pointed out.

Rosie pondered over the information she just heard. 'If they're dealing with something like this', she thought, 'then what the hell are these people involved in?'

"Say you do manage to catch up to him, what are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?" She heard Lydia ask rhetorically.

"I'm going to have to." Scott honestly replied.

Rosie felt her eyes began to tear up. This Derek guy, he had no one. He was an orphan, just like her. Like her, his family was taken away from. She blinked to get rid of the tears and when she felt a tear roll down her cheek she hastily wiped it away. Before she could think about it any longer the teenagers and Deaton appeared before her.

"Stiles and I are going to go look for Derek." Scott said, gaining Rosie's attention. She looked up to find them all gazing at her with a worried expression.

"We need to find her somewhere to stay." Lydia stated with a hint of sorrow in her voice.

They all looked at each other, waiting for an answer.

"My dad will freak out." Stiles confessed with a sigh.

"My mom will too." Scott grumbled.

That left Lydia. "As much as I would like to, I don't think my mom will react well to this... situation." She said with a gesture of her hands in Rosie's direction. "

Rosie sighed sadly. The feeling of being unwanted once again lodged itself into her chest. They were already so nice to her, but in that moment she felt like a burden.

"What about Derek's loft?" Deaton suggested. "For the time being it's empty. We know for a fact he isn't going to be there anytime soon." He reasoned.

The three teenagers pondered over the idea for a minute before they agreed.

It was decided that Scott and Stiles would go looking for the missing boy, while Lydia accompanied Rosie to Derek's loft. They quickly said their goodbye's to Deaton and then the four of them made their way to the blue jeep stiles owned.

"Could you drop me off at my house?" Lydia asked once they were on the road. Before they could question her she continued. "That way I can get Rosie some clothes and stuff and I can get my car."

"Alright." Stiles agreed. "Do you want to go with Lydia?" He asked Rosie as he turned onto a street that led to the red head's house.

Rosie looked to Lydia before squeaking out a small. "Okay."

The rest of the drive was quiet except for the soft music coming from the cars stereo, but a layer of tension and worry hung in the air. The car eventually came to a stop in front of a big house that Rosie couldn't help but gape at.