comfort

(warning: this chapter may be triggering for some readers.)

A whole week passed by with some rather eventful days. The first couple of days were quite boring. Rosie hardly saw Derek, and when she did it was only glimpses. He was gone by the time she woke up and only returned to sleep.

Lydia had stopped by towards the middle of the week and once she set her sight on Rosie in a new form, word had gotten out and the others had stopped by to see for themselves.

They were shocked to say the least.

The week ended rather uneventful for Rosie, she spent majority of her time exploring his book collection.

The tense atmosphere in the loft only seemed to grow as the days carried on. Derek seemed on edge. Despite not knowing what was going on, Rosie could sense that something was going on with him.

When Rosie woke up after that week had flown by, she immediately rushed to the bathroom and relieved herself. The loft was quiet, as it had usually been since she's been staying there so Rosie was surprised to find Derek still in bed asleep when she made her way down the spiral stairs.

His chest was rising and falling with every breath he took. A sleeping Derek was something that she only saw when he was a younger version of himself. Remembering how little sleep he seemed to be getting, Rosie quietly made her way to the kitchen.

After digging around in the fridge, Rosie decided on something she's come to love; a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She grabbed her sandwich along with a glass of orange juice, made her way to the table in the middle of the loft and quietly ate her breakfast.

When the food was gone, and her hunger was satisfied, Rosie quickly cleaned up her mess. As she was making her way across the loft she heard Derek call out to her.

"Yes?" Rosie asked and turned to the direction of his bed. Her eyes landed on him she gulped. Derek was sitting up in bed shirtless.

"We're going to the hospital today." He said and tossed his long legs over the side of the bed. When he saw Rosie's mortified expression he continued, "Scott's mom wants to see you and make sure you're okay." He explained.

"Okay." Rosie said. She couldn't exactly argue, Derek seemed like the type to win most arguments. Plus, she had been cooped up in the loft for far too long. Fresh air would do her some good, she decided. Rose watched as he stood up, his muscles flexed and she couldn't help but feel intimidated by how much bigger he was than her.

"You can take a shower before we go, we'll leave when you're ready." He offered.

Rosie nodded and practically skipped up the stairs, excited to finally be somewhere other than the loft even if it was somewhere she dreaded.

*

Exiting the shower, Rosie felt refreshed. She made her way out of the bathroom and into the room she had been staying in. The unpacked suitcase was zipped open with clothes pouring out of it. Rosie made a mental note to unpack sometime when she came back, it wasn't like she had anywhere else to go and Derek hadn't said anything about kicking her out anytime soon.

A sigh escaped her lips as Rose grabbed the items of clothing she saw fit for the day. After putting on her undergarments, Rosie struggled to put on the jeans she had picked out. She hopped and wiggled into them and when they finally went over her hips a smile of triumph was plastered on her face. Skinny jeans were something she had to get used to. The over sized black t-shirt she put on next surprised Rosie, it didn't look like something Lydia would wear. Rosie brushed her hair and teeth before grabbing a pair of sneakers Lydia had so kindly donated to her.