conflicted

As soon as Derek's lips touched hers, Rosie's eyes fluttered shut. One of his hands reached across and gripped the swell of her hip while the other softly cradled her jaw. His hands were tender but firm at the same time. Derek's lips were soft against hers. She moved her lips against and with his lips. Rosie's breathing grew harsher with every second that passed by.

A rush of heat started at her chest and traveled through her body until she was buzzing with warmth. Rosie welcomed that feeling, but it made her feel like he wasn't close enough. She felt like she needed him closer. Rosie shifted against Derek as much as she could in the confined seat. She opened her mouth slightly and felt Derek's tongue graze her lips. A low purr of pleasure rumbled from her throat.

In response, Derek deepened the kiss. Like Rosie, he was buzzing with a deep warmth and desire. He opened his mouth just as Rosie did and this time, their tongues met. Rosie let out a deep moan and a low growl escaped Derek's throat. He pulled away and lent his forehead against hers. For a few seconds they were quiet as they both struggled to catch their breath.

 For a few seconds they were quiet as they both struggled to catch their breath

Rosie's heart thumped erratically in her chest. She could feel Derek's breath fanning her face. Her eyes were on his lips. She subconsciously licked her lips, yearning for the feeling of his on hers again. She had no idea why she asked Derek to kiss her, it was like her mouth had a mind of its own. The moment his lips had touched hers, the feelings Rosie felt were indescribable. It was like nothing she's felt before. But she definitely didn't regret it. No, instead all she wanted was to kiss him more and more.

"What..." Derek, started and cleared his throat. "What are you doing to me?" His voice was hoarse, and he was still panting.

Rosie's eyes flickered up to meet his. She frowned in confusion and pulled away slightly. "Did I hurt you?" Her eyes searched his face looking for any discomfort.

Derek let out a breathless chuckle. Sometimes she was so... naïve. "You have me wrapped around your finger and you didn't even know it." He murmured softly, pressing his head firmly against hers.

The realization and then shock on her face was evident. Rosie could only blink as she looked up at Derek. She didn't know that she affected him that much. It didn't even occur to her that Derek liked her as much as she liked him. But then again, it was always hard to read his emotions.

Rosie smiled warmly at him. Craning her neck upwards, she pressed a firm kiss to his lips before pulling away. She snaked her fingers through his and rested her head against his bicep.

The two of them spent the rest of the ride that way.

*

Stepping out of the shower, Rosie wrapped a crème colored fluffy towel around herself. She padded across the tile floor, carefully to the mirror and grabbed her toothbrush and the tube of toothpaste, then began the task of brushing her teeth.