hope

Derek looked over at the slouched figure sitting next to him

Derek looked over at the slouched figure sitting next to him. Rosie was sat in the passenger seat while he drove. It was already the afternoon and they were on their way to the Beacon Hills Sheriff's Station. An uncomfortable grimace was etched onto Rosie's face and Derek knew why.

"Still sore?" Derek asked with a slight teasing tone in his voice.

Rosie only let out a groan in response.

Derek laughed under his breath. He had only been training Rosie how to defend herself for a couple of days but as it went on, he had been increasing the intensity ever so slightly. Derek even threw a couple of easy workouts and cardio with her training to increase her endurance. It was good for her to gain some muscle, it would make her stronger and it would come in handy if she ever needed to essentially fight for her life.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." He stated and then turned on the radio.

Rosie only hoped that she would get used to the workouts soon. She had never really done any type of physical activity before, due to being confined to a cage for most of her life. The workouts Derek had her do weren't exactly hard but she literally had no muscle to begin with. Her arms hurt from doing push-ups, her stomach from doing sit ups, and her legs hurt from doing squats and lunges. The cardio workouts only added on to her aching limbs. It was a lot of jumping and by the end of their training session, Rosie was on the floor sweaty with her skin flushed and out of breath.

When Derek had informed her that they needed to go to see Sheriff Stilinski, Rosie wasn't very happy about it. All she wanted to do was lay on the floor until her body didn't feel like jelly. But alas, she couldn't.

They arrived at the sheriff's shortly later.

Once they were inside, Jordan Parrish ushered them into the Sheriff's office where he was sat flipping through files on his cluttered desk. He looked up as they entered the room. The deputy shut the door just as Stilinski closed the files and stood up. He nodded at Derek in greeting and smiled at Rosie as he strode across his desk and stopped to lean against his desk.

"Rosie." He said gently, and beckoned her closer. She padded towards him. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm... okay." She replied with a slight nod of her head.

"Are you sure? I know you been through a lot and I know it must be hard for you to have to do this." Sheriff Stilinski said. His face was scrunched up into a mix of a frown and pained expression as he studied her face where her bruises still stained her skin.

A small smile formed onto Rosie's face. She could feel how much the Sheriff cared for her. It made her feel loved, the kind of love a father or grandfather has for their family. The man reminded her of her own papa, it was a bittersweet feeling.

Rosie placed a light hand on his elbow. "Really, Sheriff. I am okay."

"Well, if you say so." He said with a tight lipped smile. Then, he sighed. "I'm sure you're aware of why you're here."