curious

The moon hung bright in the dark and rainy night. It shone through the large window of the loft and illuminated Rosie's features. She was asleep, curled into a ball against Derek's side. He was wide awake watching the rise and fall of Rosie's body as she slept.

The dead pool had only been officially over for a couple of hours. After leaving Chris Argent's warehouse himself and Rosie had went straight back to the loft. They had both been drained from the day's events and wanted nothing more than to sleep for the next week. She had fell asleep quite easily, but for some reason sleep hadn't come to Derek. An unsettling feeling was lodged into the pit of his stomach. Derek couldn't help but feel that it wasn't over, not really over anyways. He knew something was coming, he just didn't know when or what.

Taking a deep breath, Derek pulled Rosie closer to his chest and tightened his grip on her. He needed to stop his racing mind. The smell of her cocoa butter scented hair soothed his worries. Rosie shifted in her sleep, and snuggled closer to him. He pulled the blanket higher on the both of them and sighed sleepily. Derek closed his eyes, ready to let sleep devour him, but a loud blaring noise had him wide awake once again.

It was the loft's security alarm. He felt Rosie freeze, and he knew she was now awake. They both sat up at the same time and looked at each other with worried and panicked expressions. They were both frozen as they stared at each other.

Derek was the first to snap out of it. "Rosie. Gun. Now." He instructed as he slid out of the bed and reached for his gun on the nightstand.

Rosie nodded and reached for the small handgun under her side of the bed as she untangled herself from the blankets. The alarm stopped ringing just as Rosie turned the gun safety off, while Derek began searching around the loft for the cause of the alarm going off.

 The alarm stopped ringing just as Rosie turned the gun safety off, while Derek began searching around the loft for the cause of the alarm going off

A shadow under the steel loft door caught Derek's eye. He quietly gained Rosie's attention and gestured towards the door. Rosie gave him a slight nod of understanding and followed after him as he crept towards the entrance. Derek quickly glanced at Rosie before turning his head back. He had the gun in one hand, and the other reaching for the door.

She took one side of the door, while he took the other. Rosie anxiously tightened her grip on the gun that was aimed towards the awaiting intruder. Her heart pounded nervously in her chest. She held her breath as Derek slid the heavy steel door open.

It was Lydia.

She stood there drenched in water. Her hair was matted to her head and her clothes clung to her skin. Her head was angled down as she looked down at her bare feet. The redhead swayed lightly on the spot as her hands were fisted at her sides.

Rosie and Derek exchanged a look as they lowered their guns, but before any of them could speak, Lydia opened her mouth and let out a deafening scream.