relief

Earlier that night, after they had left his family vault, Stiles had called Derek's cell phone as he drove himself and Rosie home. In an urgent voice the teenage boy had informed them that they needed to get to the animal clinic quickly. Upon arriving at their destination, Derek and Rosie entered the clinic to be met by Stiles and Deaton who quickly explained to them that at the local high school, where they had just been, a member of the lacrosse team had been attacked by one of the assassins.

After the explanation, Deaton rushed them into the room where Rosie herself had been examined. The teen werewolf convulsing and foaming at the mouth was a horrible heartbreaking sight. Derek immediately rushed to hold the unnamed boy down shortly followed by Stiles and Deaton.

Seeing Stiles caused a swarm of gratitude to fill Rosie's chest. He had helped her back when she escaped her captors and she was extremely grateful. The overcoming urge to thank him was extremely strong, but Rosie thought that under the circumstances, it wasn't the right setting due to the convulsing teenager upon the examination table.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?!" Stiles asked as the boy's convulsing started getting worse.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfs bane." Deaton answered. "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible." He instructed both Stiles and Derek as he held up a small sharp medical tool.

Rosie instantly sprang into action. She rushed from where she had been watching in horror straight to the convulsing boy.

"What's his name?" Rosie asked as she tried to hold him still.

"Brett." Stiles answered then looked across at the man struggling to hold down the teenage wolf. "Hey Derek. How about a little werewolf strength?" He sarcastically asked.

"I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." Derek retorted, referring to the convulsing teen who was difficult to keep still.

"If you can't hold him still the incision might kill him." Deaton warned as he struggled to find a still area to make the incision.

"I think he's slipping!" Stiles cried as Brett's thrashing became more difficult to control. "I don't think I can hold him!" He finished just as the boy got free from their hold.

As Brett jumped off of the examination table his action was so reckless it caused Stiles and Deaton to harshly get shoved back. Derek suffered a scratch from the boy's claws while Rosie was violently knocked to the floor. Suddenly, Peter burst through the hallway and punched to poor teenage wolf in his face. Brett landed on the floor from the punch and stopped moving.

"I guess I'm not the only one with a little werewolf strength." Peter stated as his eyes glowed into a crystal blue color.

Derek helped Rosie up from the floor and like glue, she stuck to Derek's side. She felt on edge. Peter did that to her, he made her uncomfortable.

Following Derek, Stiles and Deaton picked themselves up from the floor. The group created a distance between Peter and them. They were all startled by Peter's abrupt appearance, they couldn't hide the shock on their faces if they tried.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little." Derek replied suspiciously.

Peter smirked wickedly in response.

Derek looked down at the claw marks Brett had inflicted on his arm, causing Rosie to follow his gaze. From what Derek had told her about werewolf abilities she remembered that super healing came with the whole wolf thing.

"Hey doc, I don't think he's breathing." Stiles stated as he knelt down next to the unconscious boy.

Deaton followed his lead. He knelt next to Brett and began to make the incision. A sizzling noise was heard followed by smoke emerging from the incision. The cloud of smoke disappeared into the air.