missing

"You good?" Derek asked as he looked over besides him at the figure who was staring blankly ahead at the building in front of them

They had arrived at the Beacon Hill's Sherriff's Station almost fifteen minutes before and the whole time Rosie had remained quiet. She hadn't even spoken since they stopped at the motel to pick up their belongings. When they had pulled up to the Sheriff's Station, it was like Rosie didn't even notice, or if she did, she didn't make an attempt to show it.

Meanwhile, Rosie was having an internal debate with herself. She knew where she was going and who she was about to see, but it was like her mind wasn't processing it. It seemed unreal to her. She didn't know how to feel, or what to say.

"Rosie." Derek stated, and placed his hand onto her thigh.

She flinched, and then as if just realizing that she was in the car with Derek, Rosie gave him a tight smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Yeah?" She asked as she blinked out the dazed look in her eyes.

"I asked if you were good." Derek explained, and then lightly squeezed her thigh. "Are you good?" He questioned in a softer voice.

Rosie frowned. "I- I think so." She said hesitantly.

"You know everything's going to be fine, right?" Derek assured, comfortingly. His hand began to soothingly rub her thigh.

Biting her lip, Rosie placed her hand on top of Derek's large hand. "I know." She said, "I just- I don't know how to feel. I mean, I should feel happy. I am happy. But another part of me is just... blank."

"That's alright." Derek stated, and then gave her a look that she felt in her heart. "I'm here for you. You know that, I'm always here."

Suddenly, Rosie felt like she could cry. A tight knot lodged its way to her throat. All she could do was breath out shakily as she unbuckled her seatbelt and climbed into Derek's lap.

He was startled at first, but his arms easily wrapped around her, holding her flush against him.

Rosie knew that he'd be there for her no matter what, she could see it in his eyes. But being back in Beacon Hills only reminded her of what had happened just days ago. The dead pool was over, but that didn't change the fact that Derek's abilities hadn't come back and that Lydia had screamed like the banshee that she was back at the loft. She could feel the dread in the pit in her stomach. She shoved that feeling down.

As Derek's hands settled on her waist, Rosie pressed her forehead against his. She stared into his eyes for a few moments, before she ducked her head and kissed him at the corner of his mouth. Rosie pulled away slowly and shyly gazed at Derek.

"What was that for?" Derek asked. His voice was teasing, but she had a feeling that he already knew.

She brought her hands up and adjusted the beanie that was on her head before settling them back down on Derek's shoulders. "You know." Rosie told him.