Loving my best friend 17

Chapter Seventeen

"Darling wake up.. My sunshine it's time to see a new day.. Open those dark blue eyes so I can swim in their depths, to stare into them all day long.." I hear Chase whisper in my ear.

I open my eyes to meet bright silver ones. A blinding smile appears on my boyfriend's lips.

"Avonlea, I'm so sorry for scaring you. But living without you is something I cannot imagine, I don't want to imagine it." He says quickly before I can say anything.

I only lean in and kiss his lips softly, not able to utter any words.

Then my stomach growls, interrupting our sweet kiss.

A blush covers my cheeks and Chase only chuckles.

"Let's get you something to eat then, my sweet." He says.

In a few short seconds I am pulled into his arms and he dashes downstairs, to his kitchen, me laughing and holding my boyfriend all the way there.

-Skyler's POV-

I can sense her happiness, her growing happiness even as I sink into a depression. She is positively glowing, that is how happy she is with Chase.

My sweet.. My darling Avonlea..

I close my eyes and dream about the time me and Avonlea have spent together. But one memory sticks out the most, there's something different about this one; the day that she could have been mine, the night I almost took her away with me, forever.

"Sky.." She said as she smiled at me, her dark blue eyes twinkling in the light.

"I know something we can do, Avon.. Have you ever wanted to see the stars? You know on top of that Dreamer's Hill?.. They say if you make a wish there it will come true.." I told her.

She smiled and jumped off her bed, her small night gown clinging to her body. I looked away before I thought about doing any more.

"Let's go!" She said in excitement.

I walked to her window, quietly climbed out of it onto the branch right below, then jumped off my feet landing on the ground with a quiet thump. I could hear the sound of Avonlea's heartbeat race as she climbed out of the window. The moonlight highlighted her silhouette so perfectly, her caramel hair spilling over her shoulders, those mesmerizing dark blue eyes looking silver as she peered down at me.

I am so grateful to have a perfect mate, I thought to myself.

"Sky, I'm scared.." She whispered, eyed wide with fright.

"Jump, Avon. I will catch you, don't you trust me?" I told her in a soothing voice, stretching my arms out to her.

She stared at me for a long moment. "I-I do trust you, Sky." She said.

Then she jumped-

My memory is interrupted by someone smacking me across the face-pretty damn hard across the face I might add.

I open my eyes to see my mother hovering over me, tears in her eyes.

"I am so glad you're awake!" She says.

"I was only asleep for a few minutes, Mom.." I tell her.

She gives me a strange look.

"No, Skyler.. You have been asleep for three years.."