Loving my best friend 10

I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. Things have been going on in school like midterms, friends, after school stuff, etc. I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Oh and I might want to publish one of my stories.. Does anyone have an idea of what publisher I should go to, and how? And maybe tips to on how to get my story published? It would be helpful if someone talked to me about it.

Vote and Comment,

~Lexi

P.S. Predict what you think (or you want to happen) in this story.

Chapter One

I wake up to someone mumbling apologies to me. I raise a hand to my head, trying to figure out why it hurts so much. What happened last night? I open my closed eyes to see Chase laying beside me, holding me close to himself.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! Don't hate me! Please don't leave me!" I hear Chase plead in my ear. His voice sounds as if it's on the verge of tears, maybe even close to hysteria too.

Chase is clutching me so close, as if he can keep me close to him forever. Like if I were to leave him, he would break apart, I am his glue.

"Chase?" I ask softly.

"Don't leave me," He whispers, clutching me even closer to him, my chest pressing so close against his own. I look into his silver eyes to see them red from crying, they are also distraught and deeply saddened.. So saddened..

He notices my confused gaze and crushes me closer, so close that I can't breathe now. "Chase-"

"Are you scared?" He asks.

"Can't... Ow.." I manage to gasp out, struggling in his tight hold.

He notices my struggling breath and relaxes his grip slightly.

"Are you scared?" He asks in an emotionless voice. As if waiting for me to run away from him, screaming in a panic.

I remember the scene from the limo, right before I passed out. My eyes widen in horror. He....bit me..

"What...are you?" I ask him then I move my hands to place them on his chest.

"I am a.."

"Vampire?" I answer for him. He shakes his head. "How about we worry about that later. Are you alright?" He asks, stroking the side of my head.

"I am fine," I tell him truthfully. Being close to him helps my headache go away.

"Are you scared of me? Now that you know I can easily hurt you?" He asks in a soft, loving voice.

"Why would I be scared? You didn't hurt me before? You could have lost control at any time but only did it once when you were drunk, I understand completely." I answer back before placing my hand on his cheek.

"But I hurt you.. You should be at least scared a little bit.." He replies in a voice deep of concern.

I close the gap between our lips, quieting him. He trembles as his hands lift up to cup both of my cheeks, moving his lips softly against my own, those trembling also.

He pulls away, to place his forehead against my own, staring deep into my dark blue eyes. "I love you." He tells me softly. "I know, I know we just got together. But my feelings for you are true. I have fallen deeply in love with you, Avonlea. I have been enchanted by your grace."

I stare up at him in shock, searching his eyes to find any trace of a lie. I am surprised to find none. "You love me?" I ask.

He nods. "Yes with all of my heart." He replies in a sincere voice.