Loving my best friend 4

I'm sorry for the wait!! I have been redoing the last ten chapters or so of this story so I can get it 'just right'. So for my lateness this week I will post one chapter a day from today until next Tuesday, October 4th. Alright?

I feel so bad that I haven't been able to upload for...a while.

Forgive me..

And don't forget to comment :)

Chapter Four

"Hey Cassie, where's Sky?" I ask Cassie, Sky and Ari's mom.

 She gives me a glare and I flinch back. "He left." She says plainly.

 "He..left?"

 "Yes." She replies curtly and then turns back to me.

 I am surprised by her actions. "Did he leave because of me?" I ask her.

 She only nods, not turning to me.

 "But he doesn't like me... So it wouldn't matter." I tell her. "He thinks I'm replusive, ugly."

 She chuckles. "Of course he would say that to a human like you."

 I take a step back. Why is she acting so cruel? I decide to not even answer her and I leave her house.

 Sky thought I was so repulsive that he'll leave? I was just about to come over and forgive him but he has to..leave? Is he ever coming back?

 I'm going to call him.

 I take out my cell phone then head to the local park down the street. When we were younger Ari, Sky, and I would always play here. It was fun. We would swing on the swing set, or wrestle in the grass... I miss those days.

 I dial Sky's number. Please answer Sky...

 The phone rings....and rings....and rings.....and rings....

 "Hello?" an unfarmiliar voice asks me.

 "Is Skyler there?" I ask.

 I hear someone mumble something in the background.

 "No, he isn't." The man says.

 I sigh, I can tell he is lying. "Well can you tell him I'm sorry and I forgive him for what he said? Tell him I over reacted to it.. I mean what else was he supposed to say? He's my best friend.."

 "Is that all?" The man asks impatiently.

 "Yes, that's all.." I say.

 "I'll make sure he gets the message. Good day.."

 "Goodbye.." I say hanging up.

 Who was that person? And why didn't Sky want to talk to me?

 I sit down on the swingset, a loud sigh leaving my lips. I place my face in my hands, tears running down my face. A twig snaps behind me and I jump up in surprise.

 I turn around to see a girl around my age, standing three feet away from me. She has fair skin, complimenting her long, midnight black hair with pink and green streaks, and her baby blue eyes. She stands about six inches taller than me. On top of that she's perfect and extraordinarily beautiful.

 "I'm Olivia, but you can call me Livy." she says holding her hand out.

 As she speaks I notice two pointed fangs in her mouth.

 "You're a vampire." I say.

 She nods. "Yes, I am a vampire. Do you know where Skyler is. I'm only asking because you smell like him.."

 "I'm Avonlea.." I tell her while shaking her hand.

 Her eyes grow wide then a smile lights up her face.

 "You're the one, Sky likes." She says.

 I shake my head. "Sky doesn't like me, we're only friends.." I reply a sad smile on my face.

 She gives me a look. "No, Avonlea. He likes you. He talks to me about you all of the time and he says how much he likes you over and over and over again it makes me want to rip his head off." She giggles at the end.

 I shake my head. "He likes me only as a best friend."

 "No, he wants you Avon. He wants you more than you can ever imagine." The way she said that has a chill running up my spine.

 "He's not here. I don't know where he went." I tell her sadly.

 "Maybe, I know..." She mumbles to herself.

 "Close your eyes," she tells me.

 I give her a strange look.. "Close my eyes?" I ask her.

 "Yes, I can teleport myself and one person with me." She replies.

 I shake my head. "You can go see Skyler yourself. I'd rather stay here." I tell her.

 She nods slowly. "Alright then, I'll tell Skyler I saw you." She winks at me before disappearing into a ball of smoke.

 I relax back onto the swing. So Olivia is Skyler's friend... I wonder why Sky never told me about her..

 After sitting there for about ten minutes, all of the children have left with their mothers and the sun is half behind the horizon creating a beautiful sunset.

 Out of nowhere, a hand clamps over my mouth.

 "Don't struggle, don't even scream." A dark voice whispers.

 My eyes widen in fear, my body immediately shutting down.

 I feel a prick in my neck then instead of the sunset all I see is darkness. -Skyler's POV-

 It's been a week since I've seen Avon.. A week of missing her soft skin, the smile that would light up a whole room.

 "Avon..." I whisper stroking the picture of us at a photo booth in the mall. She is smiling and has her arms wrapped around me, I the same with her.

 She said she forgave me... She said she overreacted..

 Maybe I can at least call her back.

 I dial her phone number and it rings over and over... Then it goes to her voicemail. The beep goes off.

 "Hey Avon, it's me Skyler.. I want to say that I accept your apology and I apologize. I shouldn't have said what I said the way I did. I'm just letting you know that I won't be back for a long while... I hope you call me back.. Bye.." I say before hanging up.

 I wonder why she didn't answer.. I just hope she calls me back.

 "Skyler!" A shrill voice calls me. I know that voice anywhere..

 I turn around to see Olivia, a friend of mine, standing in the middle of my room.

 "Hey Livy," I say to her.

 She runs over and leaps on me, knocking both of us, out of the chair. I laugh, placing my hands on her waist.

 "So, how you've been?" she asks me in a thick English accent.

 "Fine and you?" I reply, pushing her off of me easily.

 I dust myself off and stand up, before going to sit on my bed. Livy sits beside me, holding my hand like she normally does. No we're not together she just a very touchy, loving person.

 "I met Avonlea today," Livy tells me after moments of silence.

 I feel desire run through my body whenever someome says her name, even when I say her name.

 "How was she?" I ask.

 "I told her you like her, but she didn't believe me." She also adds nonchalantly.

 "Why would she believe that? She could have any guy she wanted, so why would she want to be with me?" I mumble sadly, laying back onto the bed. Livy does the same, except moving onto her side, proping herself up with her elbow.

 "Sky, I can clearly see that she loves you." Livy tells me, stroking my arm and trying to calm me.

 My heart stops at the thought of Avon loving me.

 I shake my head. "She only loves me as a best friend, nothing more. She would always be in danger if we ever got together. So there's no point." I snap angrily at her.

 There's a knock at my door.

 "My King we have another slave that we just picked up for you.. We have her under control at the moment but she is struggling.." One of my guards tell me.

 "Bring her in.." I say running a hand over my face.

 I hear the door open and close as a sweet strawberry scent tickles my nose. It reminds me of Avon.. I sit up to see a girl with a bag tied around her head, her hands bound in front of her. I walk over and take the bag off of her head. Dark blue eyes stare up at me.

 I turn away from her.. She can't know who I am..

 I walk back over to Livy, shielding my face from Avon's view. I sit beside Olivia, who takes my hand instantly.

 "Olivia, why am I here?" She asks in her honey sweet voice.

 My heart pounds against my chest at her voice. I can't believe they brought her here..

 "You'll be alright, Avonlea. No one is going to hurt you." Livy says.

 "Are... Are you and him together?" she asks her.

 I give Livy a nod.

 "Yes, we are. Greet our guest." Livy says, glaring at me.

 I sigh. I guess I can't hide it anymore.. I turn to Avonlea, my soulmate.. Her blue eyes widen as she scans my face.

 "Sky? Wh-what's going on?" She asks me. I notice dry tear tracks on her face.

 "Untie her hands then leave us." I order. They untie her hands then leave us alone..

 I collapse onto my knees next to her. "I'm so sorry, Avon... I'll send you right back home.." I whisper to her, while rubbing her wrists, trying to take some of the pain away.

 She wraps her arms around my neck and starts to cry into my chest. I comfort her, holding her close to me.. I shudder at how right this feels.. To have her safe in my arms.. I bury my face into her hair, inhaling her sweet scent. I moan quietly, desire sending a shock throughout my system.

 Avon snuggles her head into my chest and we stay in that position on the floor for what it seems like hours before she pulls away to stare up into my eyes.

 "Why did they take me?" She asks.

 "They wanted to make you a...a slave to serve me.." I tell her.

 "A slave?"

 "Yes.... Because I am the King of Vampires, my sweet Avonlea.."