Loving my best friend 13

Umm... Not much to say here but enjoy this chapter, I guess?

Comment, Vote, and Share?

~Lexii

Chapter Thirteen

-Avonlea's POV-

"Chase," I breath out, my hands trembling, threatening to drop the phone.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Chase asks worriedly.

I smile to see him so worried about me. "Chase, I am fine. They didn't do anything to me. Are you alright, after last night I mean." I reply.

"I am fine, have a small headache but other than that there's nothing else." He tells me.

I heed to Sophia's warning and decide to not say anything about last night.

"I miss you," I whisper softly.

"I miss you too, Avonlea." He replies just as soft. "I miss you more than you can imagine."

I heart Raoul sneer at the comment. I look up to see a snarl on his face. His eyes connect with my own and I quickly look away.

"We are going to find you and bring you home.. Maybe not today or tomorrow but we will. Trust me, Avonlea." Chase says.

"Of course I trust you, Chase." I reply.

It is quiet for a few moments. My heart is pounding against my chest, in fright and in relief. I am so happy to hear Chase's voice.. I miss him and his accent so much.

I hear Chase release a shuddering breath. "I'm such an idiot, if I didn't get drunk then you wouldn't be in this mess." He mumbles.

"Chase, it's not your fault.." I console him.

"Avonlea-"

"Don't say it," I interrupt. "It's not your fault, Chase. It really isn't."

It is quiet once again..

"Chase?" I ask.

"Avon, if I told you something.. Would you freak out?" He asks me.

"What is it?" I answer.

"I..."

Then the phone is ripped out of my hands. I look up to see Raoul shutting it closed before crushing it in his hands.

I look away from him and don't say anything, tears freely falling from my eyes. What did Chase want to say?

"I'm moving you to another room." Raoul says.

I glance up at him before slowly standing up and following him out of the jail cell I was kept in. He grabs my arm, forcefully dragging me down a long hallway. He opens a door and throws me into the room. I land on my hands and knees.

"This is where you stay." He tells me. "Time for bed, you have a busy day tomorrow."

I stand up and spin around to face him quickly.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

Raoul smiles at me, a deep sinister smile set on his lips.

"You will find out tomorrow," He replies.

And then he closes the door behind me, I hear the soft click of the lock. I am trapped inside of this man's house. Inside of this room for whoever knows how long. I look around my new surroundings. The walls are a lime green color and the three doors (not including the one I just came in from) are ebony, the color of Chase's hair. The covers look as if made from silk and is multicolored. There's a medium sized tv in the corner of the room and a black L-shaped couch about five feet or so in front of it. The room is twice as small as my room at my own house, but it's kind of comfy. Next to the Queen sized bed is a dark gray nightstand and a phone on top of it. I run over to the phone but see a note laying next to it.

'I can always hear you.' it reads.

I sit on the bed and pick up the wireless phone, punching in Chase's cell phone number. Please pick up Chase..

After one ring it goes straight to voicemail. I sigh before placing the phone back on the nightstand.

In the pit of my stomach, I have a weird feeling something is going to go wrong  

tomorrow.

I lay back on the bed, my legs still dangling from the side.

Why did this happen to me? And most importantly:

What does King Skyler have to do with this?

-Skyler's POV-

It is now September 12th, it has been ten days since Avon was kidnapped and we still cannot find her. Chase left around three days to let her parents know that she has disappeared.

I haven't slept because I need to find her, I don't trust Raoul. He will do anything and everything to get the throne.

"Sky, you need to drink some blood." Olivia tells me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I jump, looking up at her completely dazed and confused.

"When did you get here?" I ask her.

I sniff the air and my throat dries at the scent of blood. My tongue flicks against my fangs that are now aching at the scent.

"You need blood, Skyler. You've been neglecting everything because you're obsessing over Avonlea. This is more of a family affair with Chase don't you think?" She reasons with me.

I actually think about what she said. I am neglecting everything because of  

Avonlea. Olivia places the bottle of blood on the floor and sits in my lap.

"Why don't you just let them be? And since everyone knows were together, why can't we just be together?" She asks me then wraps her arms around my neck. I place my hands on her waist.

There are some truth to her words.. Maybe Olivia and I can be together. Maybe at some point in time Olivia can be my lover.. And I can learn to truly love her.

I lean in and kiss her trembling lips. Olivia pushes herself closer, kissing me back softly. This kiss is nice, her lips are rather soft.

The door slams open and Olivia and I jump back. I turn to see Avonlea in the doorway, covered in blood and dirt. Her dress is cut to the middle of her thighs and is torn at her stomach, her feet bare.

"I... I killed Raoul..." She whispers softly.

Then her eyes roll into her head and she collapses onto the floor in a heap.

She killed Raoul? How?