Loving my best friend 11

Here's the next chapter, everyone.

What do you all think will happen in this story? Will Avonlea be with Skyler? Or will she end up with Chase?

So... Team Sky of Team Chase? I'd be delighted to see what you guys pick..

Comment, Vote, and Share?

^__^ Lexii

Chapter Eleven

-Skyler's POV-

"Sky, why the fuck does Avon not remember us!?" My sister, Ari, yells at me for about the seventh time in the last hour.

"I erased her memory." I reply for the seventh time.

"Why?"

"To protect her. She doesn't deserve to be sucked into this life."

"You are an idiot you know that." Ari mumbles, finally agreeing with my logic.

"I did it because I love her, and look at this. She has become a success and even has a boyfriend so the tabloids say." I tell her, taking out the magazine I keep under my pillow.

I sit up and see Avon's face on the front page. It's her and the teen actor, Chase Grey Turner, eating at the restaurant, their hands linked together. In bright bold letters it says; 'CHASE GREY TURNER AND AVONLEA, THE NEXT HOTTEST TEEN COUPLE? WE SAY YES!!'

"Look at it," I say and throw the magazine towards her face.

My heart clenches at the sight of Avon being so happy, looking so in love with this person. But in my mind I am relieved that Avon's modeling career took off and she is with someone that hopefully won't hurt her.

"She's a model now?" Ari asks while flipping through the magazine.

"Yes, for Victoria's Secret. She even went to the premiere of Chase Grey Turner's new movie, with him."

"Then what about you, Sky?" She asks me.

"What about me?" I reply.

"You're going to let her go? What if someone finds out you two are supposed to be with eachother? What if they take her?"

"No one but you, me, Olivia, and our and Avon's family knows. That's all." I tell her.

"You are in deep denial, Skyler." My sister says to me.

I sit up quickly, giving my sister a dark glare. "Denial of what? The danger I put her out of?" I snap in anger.

"No of the danger you put her in, dumbass." Ari replies in the same angered tone.

"Ari, the longer I stay away from Avon, the safer she is." I tell her, my fangs extend a short amount in anger.

Ari stands up throwing the magazine onto the ground. "Fuck this, Skyler. Nothing is going to change your mind. Unless you somehow get it through your skull that Avon is in danger because you two are soulmates. You can't fight fate, Sky. You will break and take her and never let her go one day, you will not have the strength to let her go. Your body and heart will work against your mind, forcing you to stay and protect Avonlea because you will be deprived of her love. Remember what happened with dad? He tried to kill himself because he was separated from mom. You are torturing yourself by allowing yourself to see her, imagine how you will react in a few more days. Your mood swings are getting worse and at one point you were so angry we had to sedate you. Holding all of your feelings in is just going to hurt you in the long run, Sky. I don't want you killing yourself because of you being a dumbass, I won't be able to handle it." She growls and exits the room, slamming the door, breaking the hinges at the force.

I sneer at the air. I won't become like my father, I am not weak at the heart. I have given up my happiness so my soulmate can live, so she can have a better life than me. I am not insane for doing this, I love Avonlea more than my own life, so she should have someone better than me.

I will not have to run into Avonlea ever again because she is with Chase Grey Turner, someone who will and can give her whatever she wants, someone who can cherish her.

That can be you, a voice tells me in my head.

No, it can't. I reply.

I want our soulmate, where is she? The voice asks.

She's with another man. I reply to it.

The voice inside of my head growls.

Shut up, I mumble to it.

Our soulmate.. With another man? How could you do this? It roars in anger.

My body starts to quiver at the force of it's anger.

I did it to protect her! She is in danger when she is around me! I yell back at it.

I'm going to get her, my demonic side tells me.

No, you're not. I'm the one who's in control here. I say.

We want her back! My other sides scream inside my mind.

I groan before covering my hands over my ears then doubling over.

They scream that same sentence over and over, causing me to dig my nails into the sides of my head.

Stop it, I mumble to the voices.

I have had these voices in my hands ever since the day I turned sixteen, they are the ones that drove me away from Avonlea for a year to protect her. I haven't told my parents about them because they would call me crazy. I have three voices inside of my head; one angel, one demon, and another vampire. It's pretty much a living Hell inside of my head if we're ever arguing. Most of the time my other voices are silent, but when it's about Avonlea, it becomes chaotic.

We want our soulmate back. She should be with us, not that other man. The voices growl at me.

I'm doing this to protect her, I snap back.

Then what about us!?

What about us? Don't you rather see her happy and unharmed? Or have us happy and her in danger? I ask them.

The voices go quiet, not answering my question.

Do you understand now? I want my soulmate to be happy. I tell them, ending the conversation with that.

I put up a mental wall hoping they don't break them down again, even though it can easily be broken with their strength.

I place my hands on my knees, which are buckling at the moment. My chocolate brown eyes wander to the magazine with my precious Avonlea in a strapless black dress that drapes her frame perfectly, she holds the arm of Chase Grey Turner, the hottest star in Hollywood. Her dark pink lips hold a smile full of happiness as she poses alongside him.

How can I take that away from her?

She looks so happy. She has a wonderful boyfriend that will hopefully treat her right, and blooming modeling career, making a name for herself in this world.

I refuse to take that away from her, I won't take her away for my selfish desires. She deserves to be happy.

I hear the door open and Olivia runs into the room with wide eyes.

"Skyler, it's Avonlea."