Loving my best friend 20

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long wait. It has taken me a while to figure out just where this story is going. 

I have also had thoughts on another story that I may or may not choose to publish! If I decide to post it, I'll place an excerpt in here so I can have some feedback!

So I hope you enjoy this! (I also hope it is not too confusing!)

Any typos or errors I will fix ASAP! (Right now I am brain fried from college and need to go to bed LOL)

- Alexis

-

Chapter Twenty

Avonlea's POV

"Avon, come on! It's Sky's birthday! We have to get ready!" I hear a voice say.

I turn to see a girl with caramel skin, curly jet black hair, and jade green eyes with a bright smile on her face. I immediately recognize her as Ariane, the girl I have grown up with since birth.

"Sky?" I ask, confusion evident on my face.

Ari just rolls her eyes and grabs my arm, pulling me out of bed with almost unnatural amount of strength. I stumble a bit before standing on my two feet and jerking my arm out of her grip. I look around my room to see that it has baby blue walls and all white furniture. I recognize this as my bedroom when I was sixteen years old, meaning this must be some sort of memory? But why do I not recognize this?

"Avonlea Danis, let's go! We do not have time for this!" Ari snaps, bringing me out of my thoughts. She yet again grabs me by the arm and drags me into my bathroom and shuts the door. "You have a half an hour to get ready, l picked out your outfit and you are going to wear it no matter what!" I hear another door slam meaning that Ari has finally left my room.

I sigh and slip off my clothes, before proceeding to turn on the shower and stepping in the warm water. As I wash myself, a small headache comes on as I try to figure out who Skyler is. I cannot figure out who that is, but the name will not leave my mind. Is Skyler possibly Ari's boyfriend and I am getting dragged to his party? Is he a family friend of hers? Maybe I knew him as a child? I just cannot seem to figure out who he is, yet the name keeps ringing in my mind.

I try to remember anything in my past that could possibly relate to a Skyler, but nothing comes up. I search my memories with Ari, seeing if I met him at any point in time and may have not known his name. Suddenly, my headache peaks and I fall to my knees. I hold my head between my hands and try not to scream as my vision goes white and an image slowly appears.

In front of me is Ari, her mother Cassie, her father Levi, and a boy with caramel skin with curly black hair standing right next to them. His face is blurred, but what captivates me are his chocolate brown eyes. I find a warmth spreading over my body and a smile takes over my face. For some reason, I feel comforted by his chocolate brown eyes, just as I am unable to move my gaze from him. Could this possibly be Skyler?

Three loud slams pull me out of my thoughts. "Avon, get out! You're going to make us late!" Ari bellows from the other side of the bathroom door.

"One moment," I mumble, as my headache slowly disappears and my vision returns.

I quickly hope out the shower because if I don't I know Ari will have a fit. Going to Skyler's birthday seems extremely important to her, so I hope all this rushing is worth it. I leave the bathroom to find my outfit lying on my bed, along with a pair of flats on the floor. My outfit is a royal purple cap sleeve dress that seems as if it would fall to my knees-and accentuate my body. I give Ari a questioning gaze and she just smiles and pats the dress as if I have no choice in the matter. I just roll my eyes and my undergarments and then squeeze myself into this dress (with help from Ari). After she zips me up I throw on the flats and brush my wet dark blonde hair into a ponytail.