23: Run

(Foxy's POV)

Foxy felt different.

He felt like he had changed through everything he had been through in his life. He started as a shy boy, being a relentless victim of bullying. Now, he was confident. Confident and strong and brave. He saw the change within himself, and he liked it. He never wanted to go back to that scared, shy, and most importantly, victimized version of himself. He was a target of Jonathan, but now he actually had a chance against him.

Foxy slammed the trapdoor shut as he looked up, sweat creating small hills across his neck and forehead. He knelt there for a moment. Contemplating. 

Then, he started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Chica asked.

Foxy's laughter grew more hysterical. "We just . . ." Tears started to form in his eyes. "We literally just . . ." He slammed the floor with mirth. "Jonathan . . . we're just . . . awesome!"

Freddy laughed. "Heck, yeah! We just took down four creepy animatronics and . . . we might have held off Jonathan for a while! Just the three of us!"

Foxy's laughter faded. "Yeah . . . three . . ."

Chica gasped. "Bonnie! A-a-and Ben! Where are they?"

"I . . . don't know . . ." Foxy felt victimized again. He felt like it was his fault they were gone.

Freddy sniffed. Foxy didn't know he could cry, being who he was. "I . . . I think I know what's going to happen to her."

Foxy's stomach twisted into knots. "What?"

Freddy sobbed. "I think she was sent to . . ." A loud gulp could be heard from him, which made Foxy's stomach tie into another knot. Freddy took a deep breath and squared his shoulders. "Bonnie is going to die . . . the same way I did."

It took a while to register, but once it had, Foxy screamed, "NO! B-BONNIE!" And then he was mad. Mad at Freddy, mad at Jonathan, mad at everything. Rage and depression mixed together in his stomach. His muscles tensed, his nerves went hot. 

A deep breath tearing at his body, Foxy said as softly as he could, "Run . . ."

"Foxy--" Chica started.

Foxy screamed, his hands opening wide and his jaw setting. Everything went bright red as Foxy felt his chest explode. His powers surged through his veins as he let it escape. Sparks flew in every direction as Foxy let his anger free.

Deja vu filled him as he remembered the time in the simulation with the mountain . . .

Vision . . . blurry . . . building . . .

Collapse.

*****

Foxy's body felt deflated, like a balloon. But there still was something left in him. He still felt strong, yet he felt weak. Slowly, he got himself up to his knees. His eyes were still closed. All he could do was stare into his eyelids. 

His thoughts were still to Bonnie. 

What would happen to her . . . ? Foxy was absolutely worried. Worried sick about her. If she had died, he would feel even worse about her death than Freddy's. Bonnie was everything--

"Foxy, we dragged you out," a voice called out. "In time, at least."

"Freddy . . ." Foxy whimpered. "We need to get Bonnie."

"First . . ." Chica interrupted. "You should look at what you did. I personally think it's pretty cool."

Foxy opened his eyes and raised them, his hands quivering. What had he done, exactly . . . ?

Looming before him, only a few paces away, was a large pile of rubble. The rubble was colorful in some places, with posters of animatronic bunnies and bears and chickens. They all had adorable pink or red cheeks. The place seemed childish and nostalgic to most people. The place seemed like a place where dreams could come true and where people could hold birthday parties and have fun.

After what Foxy had done to it, it looked like a giant hellhole.

(A/N Sorry if it's short. I have a chapter plan that makes the book thirty chapters long, so all that happened in this chapter was EXPLOSION! But we'll move on with more plot soon. Love you all!

-Henry)