Midnight Secrets

(Authors note at the end)

Prologue;

Sobs were heard deep in the night. Soft little thumps of footsteps threaded through the forest ground. Her heart thudded fast and loud within her chest. Tears leaked from her eyes and stained her rosy cheeks. She had to keep running or else he'd catch her. She could hear the slithering of the creatures that chased after her within the shadows. They looked like snakes but snakes could never move through solid objects. The night seemed to mock her as she ran. It was as if it was preparing her for death. That thought struck her to the core. She ran faster but it seemed pointless. Her breathing became erratic. She could feel her heart going into overdrive.  

Crying out, she fell to the ground. The tears seemed endless as she slowly sat up. They blurred her vision but she could clearly see the blood. It spilled from the sudden wound. A long arrow stood out from her thigh. She couldn't believe this. At only the age of five, she was a strong girl. Her parents knew she would be stronger and that she could accomplish anything she put her mind too. But she wasn't strong. She was sitting on the forest floor crying. Calming her breathing, she pulled the arrow out in a swift move. She held her tongue as the need to scream arose. Not knowing what to do next, she grabbed her shirt and ripped it. She tied it carefully around the wound. Before she could get up, rustling sounded behind her. She tried to scramble away but something cracked over her head. Her head collied with the ground and her vision was blurred. She saw bloody red shoes before her eyes. Her eyes closed slowly as the vision of shoes were replaced with a bright light. Before she slipped away words escaped her mouth. 

"Mommy, don't leave me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Hey you guys! Sorry for re-doing the book like this but I didn't like how it was coming along. But hopefully you guys will like this version better since this is how I first planned it out. Hope you guys like it! Please give me feed back! 

Thank you.